Any reason for Georgia’s decommits? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Re: Any reason for Georgia’s decommits?

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    And yet they aren't happy because they were promised a lot and a lot of it isn't happening. They aren't happy being on special teams and sitting on the bench. No matter what Kirby does someone is about to be ....ed off and that team could split in half literally. Fromm and the good ol boy network including his Dad network or Fields who isn't happy because he(&his party) feel he's better than Fromm.
    What Jam said..... broken promises and Fields has a lot of people in his 'social' corner

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    This is the stuff that Saban manages because of his history winning and putting players in the NFL. Essentially, he can point to his history of success and ask players and parents to trust the process. Most get it, but even Saban loses some. Kirby simply doesn't have the history, so he is going to struggle here even more. I don't care for Kirby one way or the other, but he is no Saban.

If players want Saban to develop them, there is only one place to go to get him.
    The biggest thing Saban does is not promise anything but an opportunity to compete

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

The biggest thing Saban does is not promise anything but an opportunity to compete
    Kids hear what they want to hear. Saban just does a better job actually making sure that they understand. I seriously doubt that Kirby is lying to these kids. He may be letting them hear what they want to hear, though.

Kids hear what they want to hear. Saban just does a better job actually making sure that they understand. I seriously doubt that Kirby is lying to these kids. He may be letting them hear what they want to hear, though.
    We're talking about the guy that took a picture of Alabama's recruiting board before he left town to show recruits a year later. He might not be outright lying, but I suspect he's not being as clear as he could be, either.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I do not know the relationship between Smart, Fields and Fromm, but all the ingredients are there for locker room dissent. Fromm had a good game against Florida and Fields took 3 snaps. You have this situation at UGA, you had it at Clemson, Alabama and probably Florida. It will be interesting to see how Mullen and Smart handle their TF QBs. This situation with Fields and Fromm maybe filtering down to their 2019 recruits. Guess we will have to wait and see.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team

And yet they aren't happy because they were promised a lot and a lot of it isn't happening. They aren't happy being on special teams and sitting on the bench. No matter what Kirby does someone is about to be ....ed off and that team could split in half literally. Fromm and the good ol boy network including his Dad network or Fields who isn't happy because he(&his party) feel he's better than Fromm.
    For their recruiting to go off the charts this past recruiting season, seems something extra was indeed made in the way of promises. Kirby hasn't realized you can only have 11 on the field at the same time.
    “ The Crimson Tide of Alabama” Now that has a majestic ring to it!

BamaNation All-American

Kirby promised man. I know that for a fact especially Fields. Kirby is shady hence RTR91 saying about the pics , & Saban retiring. Kirby thought he was about to go on a Saban run with uga. He thought get them on campus and winning will fix it

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Unfortunately for the kids, he is... have heard more than one GA HS coach say it. 'promises he is not keeping' is common.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Unfortunately for the kids, he is... have heard more than one GA HS coach say it. 'promises he is not keeping' is common.
    Yep, I can think of two OLB's that would be here if it weren't for his promises.

BamaNation All-SEC

Yep, I can think of two OLB's that would be here if it weren't for his promises.
    I wouldn’t doubt the redshirt transfer rule might bite him soon........and some coaches will be steering their kids away from him

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

You would have thought Kirby would have taken "you will be given every chance and the best player will play" with him that Saban says to all of our recruits and says publically. I'm assuming his staff is making the big promise claims also.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

So CNS promises than can "compete" for a starting role.

Kirby promises they'll start?

How'd he miss this lesson from the master after 9 years???

I read on Dawgnation basically that this was allowed to happen because UGA can’t sign 25 this year and the staff wants to upgrade all their commitments( Emery was actually the 5 th decommit in this class) the only one they feel will sign is Haselwood because he is from Georgia and Kirby will not let an instate prospect leave that he really wants. It happened last year, I don’t really remember that, and Kirby managed to upgrade each position and sign 11 players committed to other schools. Sounds like sunshine pumping to me.
    to 16 and beyond........