Any reason for Georgia’s decommits?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Kids hear what they want to hear. Saban just does a better job actually making sure that they understand. I seriously doubt that Kirby is lying to these kids. He may be letting them hear what they want to hear, though.
Unfortunately for the kids, he is... have heard more than one GA HS coach say it. 'promises he is not keeping' is common.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep, I can think of two OLB's that would be here if it weren't for his promises.
You would have thought Kirby would have taken "you will be given every chance and the best player will play" with him that Saban says to all of our recruits and says publically. I'm assuming his staff is making the big promise claims also.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
So CNS promises than can "compete" for a starting role.

Kirby promises they'll start?

How'd he miss this lesson from the master after 9 years???

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I read on Dawgnation basically that this was allowed to happen because UGA can’t sign 25 this year and the staff wants to upgrade all their commitments( Emery was actually the 5 th decommit in this class) the only one they feel will sign is Haselwood because he is from Georgia and Kirby will not let an instate prospect leave that he really wants. It happened last year, I don’t really remember that, and Kirby managed to upgrade each position and sign 11 players committed to other schools. Sounds like sunshine pumping to me.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I read on Dawgnation basically that this was allowed to happen because UGA can’t sign 25 this year and the staff wants to upgrade all their commitments( Emery was actually the 5 th decommit in this class) the only one they feel will sign is Haselwood because he is from Georgia and Kirby will not let an instate prospect leave that he really wants. It happened last year, I don’t really remember that, and Kirby managed to upgrade each position and sign 11 players committed to other schools. Sounds like sunshine pumping to me.
They "allowed" five-star de-commits?!? To make room for what...?:rolleyes:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So they are using the old tired excuse "We didn't want them anyway"?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.