Any reason for Georgia’s decommits?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink Any reason for Georgia’s decommits?

This month alone, the #1 receiver prospect(Haselwood) and the #1 RB prospect(Emery) decommited from Georgia. Both may actually end up signing with UGA, but just seems curious that both have changed their minds within 30days. Anyone hear of anything going on in Athens? From talk early in the summer, I heard from locals that Georgia prospects would be secret recruiters of other prospects for UGA. Now this. Maybe they are on secret assignment
    Last edited by bamaga; October 26th, 2018 at 09:06 AM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Re: Any reason for Georgia’s decommits?

I haven't heard of anything going on but I think this is great news. I had rather Kirby didn't get all the five stars.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

I was trying to figure out why all of sudden decommits... but in my opinion, they probably are trying to make room for other players who might flips to Georgia...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I was trying to figure out why all of sudden decommits... but in my opinion, they probably are trying to make room for other players who might flips to Georgia...
    They wouldn’t cut loose the #12 and #14 ranked players in the espn300, plus they still have lots of room in their class
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Reading the Georgia's boards, it sounds like all of this is related to Fromm/Field situation. I'm not 100 percent sure about this, but It does look like Kirby is not handling the QB situation well. Fromm is struggling and Fields is not being developed. Everytime he's in the game, he is not throwing the ball. If they lose the game this weekend, it's going to be real bad for the coaching staff.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Reading the Georgia's boards, it sounds like all of this is related to Fromm/Field situation. I'm not 100 percent sure about this, but It does look like Kirby is not handling the QB situation well. Fromm is struggling and Fields is not being developed. Everytime he's in the game, he is not throwing the ball. If they lose the game this weekend, it's going to be real bad for the coaching staff.
    If Florida does not show more defensive discipline than they showed against Kentucky the Dawgs should blow their doors off with the running game. It will be interesting to see if the Gators can maintain gap integrity on the front seven. If so they do they can hang in! JMO.

Last edited by UAH; October 26th, 2018 at 01:59 PM.

Do you think one reason is that Kirby isn’t as willing to to play true freshman? I know they are playing some, but no starters that I know of. In contrast, there is Nick Saban, Bama had 5 true frosh on the field on the last play against Georgia.
    to 16 and beyond........

And Fromm was lights out vs the gators. Not struggling.
    I remember '66

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Do you think one reason is that Kirby isn’t as willing to to play true freshman? I know they are playing some, but no starters that I know of. In contrast, there is Nick Saban, Bama had 5 true frosh on the field on the last play against Georgia.
    They have about 20 true freshmen with playing time. A number of starters - their punter is a TF, as is at least one o-lineman, Tyson Campbell and Quay Walker.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    They have about 20 true freshmen with playing time. A number of starters - their punter is a TF, as is at least one o-lineman, Tyson Campbell and Quay Walker.
    And yet they aren't happy because they were promised a lot and a lot of it isn't happening. They aren't happy being on special teams and sitting on the bench. No matter what Kirby does someone is about to be ....ed off and that team could split in half literally. Fromm and the good ol boy network including his Dad network or Fields who isn't happy because he(&his party) feel he's better than Fromm.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    And yet they aren't happy because they were promised a lot and a lot of it isn't happening. They aren't happy being on special teams and sitting on the bench. No matter what Kirby does someone is about to be ....ed off and that team could split in half literally. Fromm and the good ol boy network including his Dad network or Fields who isn't happy because he(&his party) feel he's better than Fromm.
    This is the stuff that Saban manages because of his history winning and putting players in the NFL. Essentially, he can point to his history of success and ask players and parents to trust the process. Most get it, but even Saban loses some. Kirby simply doesn't have the history, so he is going to struggle here even more. I don't care for Kirby one way or the other, but he is no Saban.

If players want Saban to develop them, there is only one place to go to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post

Well , to hear some of the local fans, half of the very talented freshman class should be starting right now, that was what was anticipated. These guys just don’t realize that not every HS PLAYER walks in at a big time program and starts, if they do, it usually means your season is off the rails! The Fields hype, especially in light of Trevor Lawrence, could be the dawgs undoing this season.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

When considering Kirby's coaching chops, this is one of the big questions. How he manages all those 4 and 5 stars when they get unhappy is his next big hurdle. It's one thing to get 'em, but another to figure out how to use them and keep them happy. That's probably one thing CNS didn't write on his board for Kirby to photo.