News Article: Is Alabama for real, or just another eye test for CFP committee?

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
I'm worried this game will be similar to the 9-6 affair than anything else. That doesn't mean I don't think Alabama can win, just that it won't be the curb stomping everyone is predicting.
That game featured two of the best defenses to play the game. While I don't expect the who's to get run out of the stadium, there will be some points scored, unless Tua is unable to go.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That game featured two of the best defenses to play the game. While I don't expect the who's to get run out of the stadium, there will be some points scored, unless Tua is unable to go.
At that point Saban still had shackles on McCarron. AJ was not free to sling the ball - you ran a very conservative offense. That played into their hands. They had no choice but to run a conservative offense as they had no QB. Essentially, Saban set his best weapon (AJ) on the shelf for that game.

Tua had the shackles taken off against GA and Saban is not going to put them on again for LSU. Alabama may score less than 50 points in this game, but 35 is the absolute floor, IMO.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
At that point Saban still had shackles on McCarron. AJ was not free to sling the ball - you ran a very conservative offense. That played into their hands. They had no choice but to run a conservative offense as they had no QB. Essentially, Saban set his best weapon (AJ) on the shelf for that game.

Tua had the shackles taken off against GA and Saban is not going to put them on again for LSU. Alabama may score less than 50 points in this game, but 35 is the absolute floor, IMO.
No need to put a governor on this offense now. I think the key to keeping LSU out of their game plan is to apply constant pressure on every aspect of their defense. Even if it means throwing an early pick. We cannot get gun shy and pucker just because it's a "big game". Alabama is made for big games, it's why players want to wear the crimson and white. Play to win, don't play in fear of losing.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Maybe I'm over confident but I just don't see how this LSU team can beat us. They just don't match up well. They would need to keep it a low scoring game to win because we don't have an Oklahoma defense we have a real one. Plus they aren't a huge threat on offense, their QB, WRs, OL, and RBs, are all kinda meh this year.
I think LSU is capable of beating us. They have done it before and one day they will do it again, but not this year. Now without Tua, we lose.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's in Baton Rouge and our receivers and defensive linemen are already being held. I'm worried this game will be similar to the 9-6 affair than anything else. That doesn't mean I don't think Alabama can win, just that it won't be the curb stomping everyone is predicting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So Miami, Florida, Georgia, etc can all score 19-21 points -- but we won't be able to?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
If they are unable to run the ball it's only a matter of time before their defense wears down. No way they can withstand the number of offensive strikes our offense will get if their offense is unable to run the ball.
Sell out to stop the run (don't have to stack 8 in the box either) and force a shootout. They won't win. It's pretty much impossible.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Doesn’t really matter how they get in, if they get in, they will probably win it. 1 second from winning 3 in a row.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
With a back-loaded schedule, it’s too early to answer that question. That being said, I really think that Oklahoma—due to their style of and talent on O—is the only other team in the country right now that we we would not beat convincingly.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
With a back-loaded schedule, it’s too early to answer that question. That being said, I really think that Oklahoma—due to their style of and talent on O—is the only other team in the country right now that we we would not beat convincingly.
True OU is used to having to score 40-50 to win, it would be a shoot out, but I still like our odds with Tua, no telling what he could hang if he played a full game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
True OU is used to having to score 40-50 to win, it would be a shoot out, but I still like our odds with Tua, no telling what he could hang if he played a full game.
Against OU Tua might break the scoreboard.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Boston College just beat Miami with ease. Anyone think BC would beat Alabama? LSU’s impressive resume is more lame by the week.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Have you considered we are BOTH we are for real and "pass" the eye test....... "pass" pun intended LOL Tua has taken that word to a new level.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.