News Article: Is Alabama for real, or just another eye test for CFP committee?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Wait, how does he use Miss State and Auburn to prop up LSU’s schedule but then use those same two teams to denigrate Alabama’s remaining schedule? Did he read his own statements?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
aTm has one of the worst pass efficiency defenses in the country. LSU has one of the best.
That pass would have been a TD against us or anyone. I will be interested to see what LSU's rating will be after playing us. Playing us certainly didn't help TAMU...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That pass would have been a TD against us or anyone. I will be interested to see what LSU's rating will be after playing us. Playing us certainly didn't help TAMU...
I agree - he has thrown well today. I just wonder if it will last. As for LSU - I think that you are going to expose them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree - he has thrown well today. I just wonder if it will last. As for LSU - I think that you are going to expose them.
He can't be expected to be consistent when he never has in his FB life. I'll be very surprised if we don't expose LSU. I'll grant that they have excellent DBs, probably all eventually drafted. Their problem is trying to get pressure on Tua with his plenitude of receivers. It'll be a very interesting game and I personally think the tale will be told in the first quarter...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
All the eeyores - Bama’s D is way better than MSU’s, and The Who’s needed a turnover in the red zone to score their only touchdown. In Baton Rouge.
Field goals won’t decide this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
All the eeyores - Bama’s D is way better than MSU’s, and The Who’s needed a turnover in the red zone to score their only touchdown. In Baton Rouge.
Field goals won’t decide this game.

Way better maybe a bit of a stretch. MSU probably has one of the best defenses in the SEC.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
-Miami (5-2) was No. 8 when the Tigers won 33-17.
--Auburn (5-3) was No. 7 when the Tigers won 22-21.
--Florida (6-1) was No. 9 when the Tigers lost 27-19.
--Georgia (6-1) was No. 2 when the Tigers won 36-19.
--Mississippi State (4-3) was No. 22 when the Tigers won 19-3

All well and good, but is Miami a team that should have been ranked #8 at the beginning of the season? Did Auburn EVER deserve to be ranked at all? Georgia likewise has been highly ranked on the strength of last season, not this season. Florida's season has been somewhat schizophrenic and we'll see on Saturday whether it is the Gators or the Bulldogs who deserve such high respect and rankings. Mississippi State is also on the Alabama schedule very soon, and they've shown little to justify their being held up as a football power. When they play Alabama the talking heads will downplay them as barely above an FCS team. Bottom line is that the reason the CFP committee does not convene until so late in the season. They are not supposed to be influenced by over inflated preseason rankings.
Is it just me or does everyone talk about how Bama didn’t play ranked teams when they were when Bama played them but later became unranked? They have done it the last few years with the last two being ridiculous. LSU is still getting credit for all these wins against “Top 10” teams. I’ll give them UGA but Miami and The Barn are average at best but AT THE TIME they beat top ranked teams. Just last night some were already saying the A&M win was nothing again. You can only control what you can control and the scheduling is not one of them. Just win and don’t give the committee the chance to punish Bama because I guarantee that they would this year.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Josh Jacobs, Irv Smith, and whoever is the third/fourth WR should have a big day. They *may* slow down Jeudy but not everyone.
Waddle too. LSU will bottle up the line and they are good on the edges. Where they will have trouble is the middle, intermediate range where Irv, and the slant routs have been literally shredding defenses. What has kept these games close has been CNS and his historically conservative game-plan against LSU. That won’t work with the Tua led offense and I thank the heavens for that.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I could see us getting into the 4 team playoff again without winning the SEC.
Since I last has this one loss Alabama scenario discussion, Texas lost as well. Big 12 hopes are fading, they can at most carry a single one loss team into their conference championship game. So, the path is slowly widening.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Since I last has this one loss Alabama scenario discussion, Texas lost as well. Big 12 hopes are fading, they can at most carry a single one loss team into their conference championship game. So, the path is slowly widening.
Still need Michigan and tOSU to lose another plus ND to really feel good about it.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Is it just me or does everyone talk about how Bama didn’t play ranked teams when they were when Bama played them but later became unranked? They have done it the last few years with the last two being ridiculous. LSU is still getting credit for all these wins against “Top 10” teams. I’ll give them UGA but Miami and The Barn are average at best but AT THE TIME they beat top ranked teams. Just last night some were already saying the A&M win was nothing again. You can only control what you can control and the scheduling is not one of them. Just win and don’t give the committee the chance to punish Bama because I guarantee that they would this year.

Miami now with three losses (LSU, Virginia, BC) and had to come from behind to beat a terrible FSU that just got boat raced by Clemson. That Miami? The Auburn that since has lost to MSU on the road and UT at home. That Auburn?

But you’re correct. If this was Bama, the talking heads would be saying those opponents we “over rated” to begin with.

Georgia? I’ll give them credit for that. But I think that win was as much about Georgia (particularly OC Chaney) getting away from the run game early and putting Fromm in terrible down and distance situations. Plus that UGA defense is talented but they haven’t played well as a unit.

If Bama plays its best and LSU plays its best, it is Bama by double digits easy. Bama will have to play at “B-“ level, turn the ball over, and Burrow play the game of his career for LSU to win.

LSU cannot win this game. But Bama can play LSU “into it”.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I hope Devonta Smith is ready to go. We didn't need him against Tennessee but it would be nice to have him back this weekend.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.