Former Mississippi State Player Renardo Sidney Admits Stansbury Gave His Mom Money

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

As the federal investigation into college basketball continues, one of the top players from the 2009 recruiting class now says his family was paid for him to attend Mississippi State and play for coach Rick Stansbury.

Former Mississippi State center Renardo Sidney told Jeff Goodman on his podcast that his mother, Patricia Sidney, received money for him to attend the school. Sidney, who was the No. 8 overall player in the 2009 recruiting class according to the 247Sports Composite, wasn’t sure how much money his mother received or where the money was coming from, but is certain it was flowing in.

“I think every high profile player was getting offers back in the day when I was going to school. They’re probably still doing it because there are a lot of allegations going on,” Sidney told Goodman. “I was getting money. I don’t know how much. They weren’t giving it to me. They were giving it to my mom. I never asked her how much they would give us or whatever.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Not surprising, the only thing I'm waiting on is for somebody at Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina to cave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.