Mass Shooting At Pittsburgh Synagogue

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I’ll have to remember that next time one of my black friends mentions how his lineage can be traced to someone that came over on a crowded boat to be sold on a slave market.
Part of my lineage can be traced to a white guy who came over on a crowded boat to be sold on a slave market. What does that get me?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
The Caribbean or America? A chattel slave or an indentured servant? Because whites, even whites considered ”lesser” like the Irish, never saw the markets in America.
America and not an indentured servant.

And I've personally seen some microfilm records that disagree with your assertion.

You probably - like most people - also think all slave-owners in the U.S. - and especially the South - were white. If so, you're wrong about that, as well.

While the history of human slavery in the U.S. - and the entire world, for that matter - is as horrid, disgusting, indefensible, and unjustifiable as anyone might want to paint it, it also wasn't quite as black and white as many want to paint it either.

The simple truth is that all humans regardless of race and gender - throughout history as well as today - have the capacity to commit unspeakable acts of pure evil and - even more frighteningly - potentially also have the capacity to somehow justify those actions in their own minds. We like to pretend that dark side isn't there but we're just lying to ourselves when we do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I'm only going to mention this once.

One of my best friend's daughter was recently married, in that synagogue. Her husband's family attends that one, on a regular basis. In addition, his sister frequents that synagogue. He personally knows the rabbi, as well as the rabbi's father.

It should be obvious he is both outraged, and very shocked, at this horrific event. Luckily, all of his extended family were not there today. Lots of reasons why they were all somewhere else, so much relief on his part.

Now, if any of you want to think he is responsible, since he voted for Drumpf, then we don't need to ever communicate with each other. Period.

If it makes you feel worse, more of my Jewish friends voted for Drumpf, instead of the other loser. They view the demonrat party as the party of anti-Semitism, and for the destruction of Israel. The demonrat party is also allied with all the BDS kooks. Yes, they all have at least one relative that doesn't agree with them. They are generally referred to as "self-loathers". People whose true religion (progressivism) replaces the religion of their heritage. Makes for some really quirky times, at family gatherings.

So, believe whatever makes you feel better. Just don't bother me if you think my buddy deserves some of the blame.

</rant>

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
America and not an indentured servant.

And I've personally seen some microfilm records that disagree with your assertion.

You probably - like most people - also think all slave-owners in the U.S. - and especially the South - were white. If so, you're wrong about that, as well.

While the history of human slavery in the U.S. - and the entire world, for that matter - is as horrid, disgusting, indefensible, and unjustifiable as anyone might want to paint it, it also wasn't quite as black and white as many want to paint it either.

The simple truth is that all humans regardless of race and gender - throughout history as well as today - have the capacity to commit unspeakable acts of pure evil and - even more frighteningly - potentially also have the capacity to somehow justify those actions in their own minds. We like to pretend that dark side isn't there but we're just lying to ourselves when we do.

A lie, and one bandied about by the far right for quite a while now and easily disproven.

You're welcome to produce these microfilms, but I do not believe you will.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
By the way, that evil idiot killed 11 people for being jewish today.

ETA: And in part at least for daring to aid immigrants who want to come here.
The most frightening thing about it - as I alluded earlier - is that he truly believed this evil action was an act of righteousness.

How can we truly combat madness and delusion within our own citizenry without violating the rights of our citizenry?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
A lie, and one bandied about by the far right for quite a while now and easily disproven.

You're welcome to produce these microfilms, but I do not believe you will.
They're most likely still in my dad's library, unless he donated them. I'll see if I can put my hands on them.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
They're most likely still in my dad's library, unless he donated them. I'll see if I can put my hands on them.
Feel free. I’ll hold my scholarly refutations of the subject of white slavery in the Americas in reserve for the time being until you do. But be warned, among mainstream scholars, this subject has about as much play as the Ancient Aliens hypothesis you’d see on the History Channel.

It’s simply not a contentious issue outside of white supremacist/lost cause apologist circles, where it has somehow become a meme, one of hilariously dishonest content and origin.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Feel free. I’ll hold my scholarly refutations of the subject of white slavery in the Americas in reserve for the time being until you do. But be warned, among mainstream scholars, this subject has about as much play as the Ancient Aliens hypothesis you’d see on the History Channel.

It’s simply not a contentious issue outside of white supremacist/lost cause apologist circles, where it has somehow become a meme, one of hilariously dishonest content and origin.
man we are getting the ronco greatest hits on this thread.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
just a gentle reminder for those who may have missed it a year and a half ago

Donald Trump suggests Jews might secretly be committing anti-Semitic hate crimes on themselves so he looks bad

Donald Trump has suggested that Jewish people might be committing anti-Semitic hate crimes to make himself look bad.

After days in which he refused to comment on a spate of anti-Semitic attacks, Mr Trump broke his silence to repeat an neo-Nazi conspiracy theory that has claimed that the attacks are "false flags". Supporters of that belief – who include leader of the Ku Klux Klan, David Duke – believe that such attacks are being perpetrated by Jewish people in order to undermine the White House.

Pennsylvania's Attorney General, Josh Shapiro, said that he had spoken to the President about a wave of threats to Jewish community centres. And Mr Trump said that they had been designed to make "others look bad".

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I have tended to think of Pelosi as an intelligent woman and obviously savvy politician but it comes down to her and Schumer being the public faces of the Democratic party. Schumer is also an intelligent man but I think now that they tend to repel more independent voters than they attract nationwide. The lack of having a strong progressive party in opposition to the extreme right doesn't bode well for Democracy or this Republic. Whatever word we choose to describe it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.