Game Thread: Clemson vs Florida State (Fighting Dabos Vs Bowden Legacy)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I agree - They do not match up well against teams like Alabama or OU.
At least with OU I imagine the same exact things that got them beat in the Rose Bowl would be at play: an inability to stop the run at all. I think oddly enough that Alabama and Notre Dame are among their biggest threats because of the defense and quality OL play. Those Clemson monsters up front will win their share but at least those two OLs have a lot of NFL futures in them too.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
At least with OU I imagine the same exact things that got them beat in the Rose Bowl would be at play: an inability to stop the run at all. I think oddly enough that Alabama and Notre Dame are among their biggest threats because of the defense and quality OL play. Those Clemson monsters up front will win their share but at least those two OLs have a lot of NFL futures in them too.
I agree w/you here, too.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What's wild is how Clemson's O under Lawrence hasn't had a high pressure snap nor will they until December. The guy Lawrence jumped over was the one who took all their high pressure snaps and very likely saved their playoff aspirations.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know either but Louisville seems willing to spend the cash while Purdue seems willing to fight for mediocrity ….. so I would take Louisville.
Depends on what you want in life. He could coach at Purdue for the rest of his life and be well respected across the state. For most people, that is enough. Schiano had that at Rutgers and RichRod had that in West Virginia. Both threw it away. I bet that both would gladly give back all that money for what they had at those schools.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Depends on what you want in life. He could coach at Purdue for the rest of his life and be well respected across the state. For most people, that is enough. Schiano had that at Rutgers and RichRod had that in West Virginia. Both threw it away. I bet that both would gladly give back all that money for what they had at those schools.
Purdue in the Big Ten has a lower ceiling than Louisville in the ACC and you can't underrate the "Momma Called" factor. I think recruiting in Indiana and Ohio is a critical factor for Louisville so his reputation from his Purdue tenure will be valuable with recruits too.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Well, assuming we beat LSU it looks like Bama-Clemson Part IV is inevitable. Using the Sagarin ratings we'd be about a 6 point favorite on a neutral field. We have the better QB but their DL would make it interesting.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well, assuming we beat LSU it looks like Bama-Clemson Part IV is inevitable. Using the Sagarin ratings we'd be about a 6 point favorite on a neutral field. We have the better QB but their DL would make it interesting.
Our OL is better than last year and they mostly whooped that DL's behind in the Sugar Bowl too. Motivation is always a factor and they surely are smarting from that domination but I think Sagarin is off by 8 points on a neutral field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.