Game Thread: Vandy v Arkansas

Lovthablues

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2018
Alexandria, Al
Arkansas has shown little to no improvement from beginning of the season... defense has actually regressed! I don't believe that Chad Morris is an SEC caliber coach! It appears like the team has lost the will to compete.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
This is what happens when you hire a gimmicky OC that was 14-22 at his only other stop as a HC. At least Bielema was 64-28 at Wisky. Arkansas thinks it's more than it is. You've got to go back to Ken Hatfield to find a coach that's at least .700.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
This is what happens when you hire a gimmicky OC that was 14-22 at his only other stop as a HC. At least Bielema was 64-28 at Wisky. Arkansas thinks it's more than it is. You've got to go back to Ken Hatfield to find a coach that's at least .700.
Arkansas was pretty stable under Broyles most years. Sometimes..they were outstanding. Been some coaches that took them to good times and clise to great times, but mostly they have struggled over the years. Up and down. So Morris is just another guy that they brought in to give it a shot. And Morris wants a completely different type of player than what he currently has staring back at him now. He has a tough job. They keep hoping for another Houston Nutt to come along. Nutt's first season at Arkansas was very very strong. Should have beaten Tenn and DID beat Bama. They remained tough for a few years, but went thru hard times until Mr Man (now at Louisville arrived) That Arky team that beat Ole Miss with the amazing TE throwback to the RB was a tough gritty bunch and I still give them a nod in appreciation for that win. Set us up. But the point is that Arkansas has never been a consistent winning show. I respect them. Always. But I keep thinking that one day..their coach will actually show up, recruit like he can, and be a national threat to just about anyone. Will happen one day, but no one seems to want to be there long term. They have had some pretty good coaches, but most have fallen thru circumstances. Petrino for instance. We will see, but it will take 3 to 4 years to get what Morris wants to run his sytem. By then....hawg fans will demand his .....job.

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015
Arkansas has shown little to no improvement from beginning of the season... defense has actually regressed! I don't believe that Chad Morris is an SEC caliber coach! It appears like the team has lost the will to compete.
I'd say the offense is better and defense is worse. I mean, we got blown out by North Texas at the beginning of the year so we've improved a little bit. The defense is still ranked higher than it was last year...as sad as that is.
Arkansas was pretty stable under Broyles most years. Sometimes..they were outstanding. Been some coaches that took them to good times and clise to great times, but mostly they have struggled over the years. Up and down. So Morris is just another guy that they brought in to give it a shot. And Morris wants a completely different type of player than what he currently has staring back at him now. He has a tough job. They keep hoping for another Houston Nutt to come along. Nutt's first season at Arkansas was very very strong. Should have beaten Tenn and DID beat Bama. They remained tough for a few years, but went thru hard times until Mr Man (now at Louisville arrived) That Arky team that beat Ole Miss with the amazing TE throwback to the RB was a tough gritty bunch and I still give them a nod in appreciation for that win. Set us up. But the point is that Arkansas has never been a consistent winning show. I respect them. Always. But I keep thinking that one day..their coach will actually show up, recruit like he can, and be a national threat to just about anyone. Will happen one day, but no one seems to want to be there long term. They have had some pretty good coaches, but most have fallen thru circumstances. Petrino for instance. We will see, but it will take 3 to 4 years to get what Morris wants to run his sytem. By then....hawg fans will demand his .....job.
Sums it up pretty well. Every time Arkansas wins or is about to turn the corner, drama happens. Win the SEC West in 2006? The Mustain/Nutt/Malzahn soap opera destroys momentum. Have 10-3 and 11-2 seasons back to back? Your coach will be fired for an incident off the field. Undefeated at #9 in the nation and about to knock off #1 Tennessee in Knoxville in 1998? Your QB will trip over his OL's foot and lose the ball while you're trying to run out the clock. It's rough sometimes lol.

Morris took over an SMU program that might have been the worst team in college football and they won 7 games in his third year, and he's doing a similar rebuilding job here. His overall record doesn't indicate his coaching ability IMO...jury is still out on that. But he does have us with our best recruiting class on paper in decades lined up for 2019 so we'll see if he can get it turned around. On Rivals if we get one more 4* we'd move up to #9 in the country.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I hate to say this about 2 SEC teams, but this game is about as exciting as watching grass grow. After watching Bama all year it is hard to watch teams this bad. There are maybe 6 teams in the nation this year worth watching at all. OH and any game where auburn is getting stomped, that is always fun LOL. I really have been spoiled watching Bama this year. This game like so many others is as bad as watching a NFL game, as I hate NFL and have no interest in any NFL team. Hate to say it but even teams with Bama players, they just are boring games to me. Like Pro baseball, much rather watch college, more exciting and interesting. NFL is way to predictable, and they run 1 time pass 5 times and punt or kick. Most games end as predicted. Not enough unknowns, it is boring to me. At least in college you see upsets and some wild plays now and then. But so many college games now are just pathetic to watch. it is all D or all O. So few balanced teams that can play on both sides of the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.