Game Thread: TWLCP The Bazzas vs the Dawgs (UF vs UGA)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
"You see there isn’t anything special about JHS". You can't seem to stop. Why do you continue to put words in my mouth that I never said? What I said was that their record is overstated and I showed that it is. Most would be surprised that they are a very pedestrian 27-20. I.e., they can be beaten and are often.

Of course teams with better records are going to be more difficult to beat, especially at their place. J-H is a loud environment, especially when the fans think they have a good chance to win or are winning. That is not unusual.

When I attended big AU games in Legion Field, IMO, the AU fans were significantly louder than the Bama fans. Having said that, Bama won most of those games. IMO, home field is real but overstated all over football. Bama has beaten AU at J-H and lost to them in BDS. Most games in either venue was won by the better team. The 2 games that Bama has lost at J-H since they began their run in 2008 was to the national runner-up and a hot team that was deeply in the discussion as a CFP team until the last weekend before the selections. A home crowd helped but it was primarily the team that beat Alabama not the venue. Just like in 2010 at BDS, IMO, Bama overall had the better players but AU had a better team and a transcendent college QB. IMO, AU could have won 13 and 17 on a neutral field.

Bama is 3-2 in J-H since they began their run in 2008. IMO, not many conclusions can be drawn from 2 games.
Again “ why is it relevant?” What started the whole debate was the relation of Bama going down there not Auburn home field as a whole. JHS is the ONLY stadium in the SEC in which Bama has a losing record. Even if we were to exclude Curry, Dubose, Fran ( even though it would be more beneficial for a counter argument), and Shula and only to include NC winning coaches Bama is still 3-5 at JHS without a single win over a 9 win team. Point is we have a far better record vs very good Florida, LSU, and Tennessee teams at their place than against very good Auburn teams. What most Bama fans talk about is UGA and Bama teams going down there with great teams and getting beat by very good Auburn teams with still inferior talent. But every time someone brings that fact up you always try to downplay the significance of going there by using stats that include the 2011, 2012, and 2015 Auburn teams to make us look like a bunch of Scoobys and Shaggys.

We all agree JHS isn’t near the most intimidating place to play compared to others, but again that was never the meat of the argument ever. It’s when us and UGA have to go down there with the West still up for grabs. If my stats off the top of my head are correct then since 93 only twice has either team prevailed against 9 win teams ( both being UGA). I would be very comfortable playing them this year, but the point has always been playing them when they have a good team down there is way harder than any other team at their place.

FWIW Auburn fans down there are way louder than almost any other fan base... keep in mind I’ve been down there once... 2015.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.