Game Thread: Texas A&M vs Mississippi State

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Texas A&M vs Mississippi State

Well the Aggie pass defense has a little to do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's hitting passes he wasn't completing against air over the last few weeks. Yeah, Aggy is weak in the secondary but some of this can't be explained by that...Fitz got on a heater.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I wonder what Texas AM will be ranked Tuesday. I hope they stay in the top 25 .

I can’t believe they are losing. Fitzgerald looks decent tonight compared to his last 3 games. I guess LSU’s secondary was too much for him. Hopefully our defense can contain him in a few weeks at home.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wonder what Texas AM will be ranked Tuesday. I hope they stay in the top 25 .

I can’t believe they are losing. Fitzgerald looks decent tonight compared to his last 3 games. I guess LSU’s secondary was too much for him. Hopefully our defense can contain him in a few weeks at home.
3 losses - they are out of the top 25, IMO

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Maybe one LSU player says something of a call out nature this week. I don't think the guys will pay much attention to the Carville thing. Ready to get after some tigers.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Where was this Miss State team last week?
I think they got a WR back from injury this week (heard too late last night). Either that or the ones they had suddenly learned how to catch. Don’t know if he was the one with all the yardage or not, but without checking it seems like that was Fitzgerald’s best passing game of the year.
Fitzgerald had more rushing yards than the rest of the team combined. Scoring 28 points on 52 plays is pretty efficient.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
You might be surprised. Mond is the kind of QB that gives LSU trouble
I’ll take A&M simply because they’ll be the home team. The Who’s only real road win was against the Barn. By one point. Two of the three losses by MSU were road games. I’m glad Bama is playing them in Ttown.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
A&M kinda reminds me of our 2007 team. At times you can see signs of vast improvement, but other times you can see that they are still the team that crashes in mid October-November every year.

As far as Mississippi State, they are best defense in the SEC statistically. They've on given up 300 yards in one game this year. With all the talk about LSU's defense being great, MSU has better numbers across the board than LSU except passing efficiency defense, and they are practically a wash there (LSU is #6 with a 98.28 rating and MSU is 8th with a 102.75 rating. LSU has given up 7 passing TD's to MSU only giving up 3 though). Of course, like LSU, they've played a schedule chock full of some of the worst passing offenses in football.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Couple of things that stood out to me. MSU did a better job of pressuring Mond than we did earlier in the season. We were still trying to “find ourselves” somewhat defensively. When Mond did have time, his receivers dropped some very catchable balls in key situations. They certaintly didn’t do that versus Bama.

Defensive line for TAMU is good but not as good as Greg “Hyperbole” McElroy made them out be last night. The TAMU secondary is terrible in most all phases of the game.

Interesting that TAMU has games against teams with two QBs having rather pedestrian years. And the key to success against both is making both “move around in and out of the pocket.” I think they could win both close or lose both big.

My only concern coming out of LSU to play MSU is being a little flat as we have in years past. I too am glad it is at home.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Ok...didn't see the game last night, but I have seen a couple of unfortunate performances by Fitzgerald the last 3 games. Not in my wildest dreams would I have thought MSU wins this game. Especially with Mond at QB for A&M, and the steady improvement of the Aggie program. But look at Kentucky??? Would I pick the Cats to win that one vs Mizzou?? No sir. And if they had to play that game again? I would still pick Mizzou BUT....I am pleased the Cats got it done. They deserve a big win. We will be playing MSU soon too. Physical bunch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.