Game Thread: Texas A&M vs Mississippi State

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Couple of things that stood out to me. MSU did a better job of pressuring Mond than we did earlier in the season. We were still trying to “find ourselves” somewhat defensively. When Mond did have time, his receivers dropped some very catchable balls in key situations. They certaintly didn’t do that versus Bama.

Defensive line for TAMU is good but not as good as Greg “Hyperbole” McElroy made them out be last night. The TAMU secondary is terrible in most all phases of the game.

Interesting that TAMU has games against teams with two QBs having rather pedestrian years. And the key to success against both is making both “move around in and out of the pocket.” I think they could win both close or lose both big.

My only concern coming out of LSU to play MSU is being a little flat as we have in years past. I too am glad it is at home.
"My only concern coming out of LSU to play MSU is being a little flat as we have in years past. I too am glad it is at home."

U bet. Thinking the same. That will not be the time (even at home) to have a subpar ballgame.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well just like Jess said, the offense runs through Fitzgerald and it did. I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten some Heisman talk.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
For a QB vying for the Heisman, some rushing yards are nice to have, but it's really the passing is what really wins it...
I really like Fitzgerald. He's one tough hombre and seems to relish the idea and putting the team on his back. He's basically Tim Tebow, with even less of an arm.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If we get the Fitz against LSU we beat Cowbell St 60+ to 3.

If we get the Fitz against TAMU we beat them 45-14.

They are toast either way.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If we get the Fitz against LSU we beat Cowbell St 60+ to 3.

If we get the Fitz against TAMU we beat them 45-14.

They are toast either way.
If we score 60 on MSU it would be the most surprising thing this whole season. MSU probably has the best overall defense of the remaining opponents.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If we score 60 on MSU it would be the most surprising thing this whole season. MSU probably has the best overall defense of the remaining opponents.
It's not likely, but if he throws 4 INTs, that's four more times Tua gets to air it out so....

IDK if I agree they are better than LSU though (just the eye test).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.