Ronnie Harrison arrested in London 12 hours before kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I only spent $2K on my wedding and, when all was said and done, I got to keep the girl. So I got that going for me....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When we lived in London (20 years ago) everything was about 2X more expensive than when we lived in NYC. Everything in NYC was 2X more expensive than Alabama ... So take your normal $16K bar bill in B'ham and voila ... $64K in London. :D
So, you're saying the bar bill should have only been $15-16K? :D Copenhagen is pretty bad, also...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
So, you're saying the bar bill should have only been $15-16K? :D Copenhagen is pretty bad, also...
Mrs. Basket Case and I were in Copenhagen and Stocklolm this past May. Beer and wine were expensive. It's a stone cold fact that, if an $8-$10 beer causes you too much heartburn to enjoy the trip, you don't need to go. Wine was also expensive, but tolerable in the context.

Liquor was another matter entirely. Cocktails at a standard local bar (i.e., not the lobby bar of The Grand Hotel in Stockholm) are $20+. In The Grand, they start at $25-$30 for well brands, and there are no generous pours.

Our experience in other parts of Europe is similar, though not quite to that extreme.

Moral to the story is, in Europe, drink the local wine. It's relatively cheap (especially in France and Italy), and the house wine is a huge value play. I haven't been to Spain or Portugal, but am told that the local wine is so inexpensive as to be almost free, and really good for the price.

Exceptions: Czech and Slovakian Republics. Drink the beer there. Germany: if you like sweet wine, the wine is good. I don't, and would recommend the beer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There's nothing new to this thread. Not sure why it popped up. Going to close it to prevent any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.