Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I’ll be interested to read the write up from JessN on how the OL/DL match up. I do know that Burrow has a 29% completion rate when pressured in the pocket. I like those percentages. He also floats his throws a good bit. As much as people have been saying Tua will get picked off I’d say Ol Joe will have a time with our secondary too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
That’s seemingly what’s hardly being talked about. It’s all about LSUs defense and Alabama hasn’t seen anything like that. I haven’t heard anything about LSU hasn’t seen anything like Bama’s offense.

I don’t think LSU ever in its existence has seen anything like this offense.
It doesn't matter how good their defense is. If our OL gives Tua time to go through his progressions, he'll find the open receiver. Nobody can cover our receivers for long. When was the last time you heard the announcers say, "That was a coverage sack?"

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It doesn't matter how good their defense is. If our OL gives Tua time to go through his progressions, he'll find the open receiver. Nobody can cover our receivers for long. When was the last time you heard the announcers say, "That was a coverage sack?"
Not as many times as I have heard "Good coverage and a perfect throw" "you can't defend that" or "who does that?" from Gary talking about Tua dropping dimes all over the place.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
My hope is that Tua is closer to 100% so his mobility is better. We saw earlier in the year when he was mobile that this offense is nearly impossible to defend. He will need to create some this week with the speed and caliber of LSU's athletes.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My hope is that Tua is closer to 100% so his mobility is better. We saw earlier in the year when he was mobile that this offense is nearly impossible to defend. He will need to create some this week with the speed and caliber of LSU's athletes.
Well, he said he was 100%. I believe him.
This could be the wildcard that LSU isn't factoring (along with our running backs catching dump offs). If Tua is 100%, he's a doggone good runner, especially if they're dropping 8 back in coverage. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him scramble for some big 3rd down conversions.

This could be the wildcard that LSU isn't factoring (along with our running backs catching dump offs). If Tua is 100%, he's a doggone good runner, especially if they're dropping 8 back in coverage. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him scramble for some big 3rd down conversions.
Yep, even with him gimpy he was running for first downs. Tua at 100% is devastating.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
That’s seemingly what’s hardly being talked about. It’s all about LSUs defense and Alabama hasn’t seen anything like that. I haven’t heard anything about LSU hasn’t seen anything like Bama’s offense.

I don’t think LSU ever in its existence has seen anything like this offense.
It's the best offense in Alabama history up to this point. Certainly the most potent in the Saban era. 2012 was terrific but that was more of a run based, pro style offense. And Tua > McCarron.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Bama 38
LSU 17

I know I have picked a 21 point win here, but I am nervous about this game because of their physical play. If it turns into a typical Bama v. LSU slugfest, I don't know if we can suddenly change gears to play that type of game. I am hoping we are able to keep on scoring and stay ahead by at least two scores. If we do, they will be the team that is forced to change styles, and we will be okay if that happens.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
Someone earlier asked whether LSU could match their season average of 30 vs. Alabama. For context, let me offer that:
LSU has scored 30 on Alabama 4 times. Ever.
The last time LSU dropped 30 on an Alabama team that was ranked higher than #17 was...never.
The last time LSU scored 30 on an Alabama team that was ranked higher than them was...never.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Someone earlier asked whether LSU could match their season average of 30 vs. Alabama. For context, let me offer that:
LSU has scored 30 on Alabama 4 times. Ever.
The last time LSU dropped 30 on an Alabama team that was ranked higher than #17 was...never.
The last time LSU scored 30 on an Alabama team that was ranked higher than them was...never.
The last time LSU scored over 30 was 2007, Saban's first year at UA. I think we all know the 2018 team is just a little bit more talented than 2007. And LSU, while good, is not on 2007 level.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
We are going to shock the country and flex at Tiger stadium in the first quarter and it'll be over before the second quarter even begins. I predict Tua throws 4 TD passes in the 1st quarter and we are up 28-0 headed into the second quarter. The score will be 45-7 at halftime. You'll see a ton of Tweets from people saying how its unfair that Alabama is on its way to yet another Championship. We'll see a ton of hate probably, LOL!

Final score
Bama 65
LSWHO 17

Coach O staggers off the field after the game like a drunken fool mumbling something about big mean Crimson Elephants.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.