Indonesia plane crash: All 189 passengers presumed dead in latest aviation disaster (Oct 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It was in service around a year and half, so you may have flown it...
i probably did. i do remember when i booked my next to the last trip there, the muscat/dubai leg of the flight was on a max, then they grounded them before our trip. before these crashes, i rarely paid attention to the equipment on those little hop flights. aside from qatar air, those short flights are so miserable, i would just put my head down and grind though them.

Reactions: UAH

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i probably did. i do remember when i booked my next to the last trip there, the muscat/dubai leg of the flight was on a max, then they grounded them before our trip. before these crashes, i rarely paid attention to the equipment on those little hop flights. aside from qatar air, those short flights are so miserable, i would just put my head down and grind though them.
My daughter used Qatar to commute to Abu Dhabi from Stuttgart for a couple of years, several times a month. She piled up so many miles, she used them to fly to Kathmandu for a few days. In retrospect, she felt it was pretty dangerous for a female alone...

Reactions: UAH and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My daughter used Qatar to commute to Abu Dhabi from Stuttgart for a couple of years, several times a month. She piled up so many miles, she used them to fly to Kathmandu for a few days. In retrospect, she felt it was pretty dangerous for a female alone...
qatar air started flying out of atlanta about 5-6 years ago and I have used them several times to the middle east and a few more to hong kong. they are a very nice airline to fly and the airport is top notch.

about 2-3 years ago the u.a.e. stopped all flights to and from qatar, so i started taking qatar to muscat via doha, spending the night, then catching the short hop to dubai the next day. i'm really hoping they get the flights opened up again so i don't have to do the muscat leg of the trip.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
qatar air started flying out of atlanta about 5-6 years ago and I have used them several times to the middle east and a few more to hong kong. they are a very nice airline to fly and the airport is top notch.

about 2-3 years ago the u.a.e. stopped all flights to and from qatar, so i started taking qatar to muscat via doha, spending the night, then catching the short hop to dubai the next day. i'm really hoping they get the flights opened up again so i don't have to do the muscat leg of the trip.
I've forgotten what you do...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
we export fruit and eggs out of the usa and bananas out of ecuador. mostly to the middle east and some to asia. i'm usually in dubai 2-3 times per year, visit ecuador 1-2/year, europe 1-2/year and, hk once per year.
I thought I remembered it as being food ex/im, but I couldn't remember which way...

Reactions: 92tide

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
we export fruit and eggs out of the usa and bananas out of ecuador. mostly to the middle east and some to asia. i'm usually in dubai 2-3 times per year, visit ecuador 1-2/year, europe 1-2/year and, hk once per year.
That sounds like a nice gig when there is no pandemic and no political unrest. I drive six miles to work and six mile home. Pretty boring by comparison.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
After the pandemic is over I'd be glad to go represent you in Dubai and Europe -- no pay, just expenses for a couple of vacation days!!! LOL

• Haha

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
the travel gets tedious after a while.
It does. I spent 20 + years almost weekly on a company plane heading somewhere. A 6:00 am departure meant up at 4:00 am and often out in 0 - 10 F. The water vapors off of a freezing Lake Michigan would rise up 10 -12 thousand feet. Returning at times into new snow in the evening. Interesting is not quite the word to describe landing on frozen runways at night. Commercial flights in thunderstorms with the thought of ending in an Illinois or Georgia cornfield. God if you get me on the ground in one piece I will never get on one in bad weather again! Yes it gets tedious !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.