Indonesia plane crash: All 189 passengers presumed dead in latest aviation disaster - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Re: Indonesia plane crash: All 189 passengers presumed dead in latest aviation disast

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Boeing’s optional safety features, in part, could have helped the pilots detect any erroneous readings. One of the optional upgrades, the angle of attack indicator, displays the readings of the two sensors. The other, called a disagree light, is activated if those sensors are at odds with one another.
    You're freaking kidding me.

Re: Indonesia plane crash: All 189 passengers presumed dead in latest aviation disast

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    On a $121 million dollar plane... SMH
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

...And Boeing takes another shot to the groin...

Doomed Boeing Jets Lacked 2 Safety Features That Company Sold Only as Extras

Unbelievable.

Oh, Boeing has announced they they are going to make these two features standard.
    Just flat unbelievable...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Just flat unbelievable...
    But hey, they threw in the clear coat at dealer cost!!!

"I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Unbelievable.

Oh, Boeing has announced they they are going to make these two features standard.
    What a bunch of dirty low down...
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

This is from several years back.

Bowing is dirty.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Last month an Atlas Boeing 767 crashed in Texas but it's not MSM headline news because only three pilots died. READ THIS

While the NTSB had initially stated that the aircraft had pitched down “in response to column input”, it subsequently revised this, saying the downward pitch was the result of “nose-down elevator deflection” – an amendment designed to avoid premature conclusions being drawn over the relation, if any, between actions in the cockpit and the unusual attitude of the aircraft.Although the initial use of the term “column input” might suggest there was a nose-down command of some degree, the NTSB has not clarified the extent of any pressure placed on the yoke – or the reason – nor whether the elevator deflection was in line with the command.
    But the extraordinary transition to a 49° nose-down pitch, which took place over 18s, is central to the inquiry. The NTSB has not specified whether the aircraft was in cloud at the time of the transition, but it had clearly emerged from the cloud base into good visibility during the last few seconds of its descent.With investigators yet to establish conclusively whether there is a connection between control column movements and the aircraft’s excessive nose-down attitude, the possibility of a mechanical reason for the elevator deflection is yet to be ruled out.
    This accident maybe another pilot/automation interface issue. The plane did something unexpected and the pilot was not trained to handle the deviation from normal flight created by the automated system.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    Last month an Atlas Boeing 767 crashed in Texas but it's not MSM headline news because only three pilots died. READ THIS

This accident maybe another pilot/automation interface issue. The plane did something unexpected and the pilot was not trained to handle the deviation from normal flight created by the automated system.
    Could be a true case of runaway trim. Tragic in any case.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Unbelievable.

Remember its the on the airlines too. They had the option to included these 2 safety features and decided not to pay the extra money. Just like with cars today. There are many accident avoidance systems available at extra cost on some models but people choose not to pay the extra money. I have heard that American has these features on their planes. Not sure if Southwest does also.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    It's unfortunate that our military-industrial complex ensures Boeing will get out of this nightmare just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    This was public because the order had been placed. We won't hear about those quietly never placed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis