Cleveland Brown Prediction

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
The pity is that Cleveland now has a very good nucleus of young talent, to a great extent because of a very good new GM. Maybe Haslam has gotten out of the way. Jackson was HC before Dorsey arrived. Maybe he will be able to make his own hire. If so, there may be hope for the Browns yet.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The pity is that Cleveland now has a very good nucleus of young talent, to a great extent because of a very good new GM. Maybe Haslam has gotten out of the way. Jackson was HC before Dorsey arrived. Maybe he will be able to make his own hire. If so, there may be hope for the Browns yet.
They are missing 2 things, a good head coach and a winning attitude. The first speaks for itself, but the second has to be learned. You have to win to believe that you can win, then that you will win. They have been bad for so long that even new players forget that you can win ball games in Cleveland.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The problem is they are in a division with two superior back offices, and they try to make moronic moves to try to keep up.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
They are missing 2 things, a good head coach and a winning attitude. The first speaks for itself, but the second has to be learned. You have to win to believe that you can win, then that you will win. They have been bad for so long that even new players forget that you can win ball games in Cleveland.
I agree, and that’s why Hue was fired. Before the young talent gives up and just punches the time clock.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I have a lot of friends in Cleveland who love the Browns, so I really hate to see them wallow in mediocrity (or worse). I honestly believe with Dorsey they have a guy who can make a difference in the franchise and expect him to hire someone who can turn things around.

rtr

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The browns just need to close it down and get out of NFL. Let a city start an expansion team with new owners and players. They have shown they cannot run a pro team. That place is a hot mess.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think it’s a bigger issue, B1G. To be that bad for that long, when the NFL stacks both draft choices and the next year’s schedule in favor of teams with poor records....that’s an organizational / management problem.

Ownership has to get out its own way. Maybe Haslam has made that commitment in his own mind. Maybe he hasn’t. We’ll see.

Hire a good back office. Let them do their jobs without interference — including the decision on the new HC.

This will take a while. The right way always does. But compared to perpetual turnover in coaches and off-field staff, it’s the blink of an eye.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
While bad teams do get high draft picks, the schedule doesn’t favor anyone.

In a 16 game season, every team plays:

Four games against a division winner
Four games against a second place team
Four games against a third place team
Four games against a fourth place team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not sure where you got this, but I do not think that it is true:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule/
A team plays every team in one division in the other conference. That gives them one game against a team that finished in each spot last year.

They play a complete division in their own conference. They now have two games against every spot from last year.

They play everyone in their division twice. They now have four games against the other three spots and two against their own spot.

Finally, they play the other two teams that finished in their own spot in their conference last year.

That gives them four games against teams in each spot from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A team plays every team in one division in the other conference. That gives them one game against a team that finished in each spot last year.

They play a complete division in their own conference. They now have two games against every spot from last year.

They play everyone in their division twice. They now have four games against the other three spots and two against their own spot.

Finally, they play the other two teams that finished in their own spot in their conference last year.

That gives them four games against teams in each spot from last year.
Thanks - I see how that worked out. But you realize that this does not create "equal" schedules, right? It is made this way to make it harder on conference winners and easier on weaker teams. The purpose was never to create "equal" schedule, but to create competitive games. They want conference winners matched up with other conference winners, 2nd place teams matched up with 2nd place teams, etc., etc., all the way down the board. It is about the money, not schedule equality.

The numbers make the schedule look equal, but they are not. Than add the fact that the better teams have to play night games and on Mondays and you create real inequity. The choices for those teams is far from equal. Those games are all about $$$.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.