Intel needed before I go into hostile territory this Sat. night.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
I went in 2008- CNS first game back in Baton Rouge and Bama just ranked #1 after an OU loss during the by week. Game day was awesome in my experience out around the RV parking lots. We hung out with LSU fans who were generous with everything they had. When walking to go into the game, around the stadium is where the bedlam ensues. Most of the students seem to hang out close by and that is where things can get mouthy. I never saw any urine filled balloons or anything like that- maybe I was lucky, who knows. I did however see some borderline X-rated business going on at tailgates post game, so you can look forward to that.

Long story short, don't aggravate anyone and if you get some words thrown at you, grin and bear it and they will move on to someone else who wants to get mouthy back. Don't give them any fuel and their fire will get started somewhere else.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I would have fun but be cautious. Most fans will probably be fine, but there are always crazy ones.

I just read an article that said the hotel that UGA stayed at in Baton Rouge had a power outage for 3 hours on that Saturday morning. The outage was mainly on the floors where the team was staying, not the entire hotel. Interesting....

I wonder which hotel Bama will be staying at. I am sure Saban will manage everything well, but with the way the fanbase has been the past 2 weeks .. I just hope the players and coaches will be safe from sickness and injury.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would have fun but be cautious. Most fans will probably be fine, but there are always crazy ones.

I just read an article that said the hotel that UGA stayed at in Baton Rouge had a power outage for 3 hours on that Saturday morning. The outage was mainly on the floors where the team was staying, not the entire hotel. Interesting....

I wonder which hotel Bama will be staying at. I am sure Saban will manage everything well, but with the way the fanbase has been the past 2 weeks .. I just hope the players and coaches will be safe from sickness and injury.
Part of the reason it’s better to stay in southern Mississippi or an hour away from BR.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Fair warning -- 1 mile from the stadium in the wrong direction can get you killed. Know where you are going -- Nicholson between the Stadium and the I-10 is not the way to go and leave the stadium.

Before the game -- Sammy's is really good.....

https://www.sammysgrill.com/

Service is good -- food is great!

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I'm a lifelong Bama fan and proud UA grad. But I also spent a year at LSU when my brother was there getting his Phd. I had a blast. The campus is lovely and I've always found the LSU fans to be friendly and accommodating. They will rib you and try to get you riled up, but it's all in fun. As long as you're not really obnoxious, yelling Roll Tide at the top of your lungs, or generally being a jerk, you should have a great time. They like to party and share their food and drink. Enjoy the hospitality.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I would find Bama fans and stay close to them, safety in numbers. Enjoy the game and stay alert, you just never know when some drunk corn dog will cross the line. Make friends with older LSU fans they seem to be less crazy and can keep the local hounds away.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.