Bama 1st in CFP poll

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I'm not impressed with LSU. I think they are in the top four to hype this weekends game. The older I get and the more I watch and listen to college football news, I am convinced the ratings (to an extent) are manipulated to increase viewership and interest. Case in point, I have heard Finebaum say he is in the hype business.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Clemson and ND are locks; Bama has to beat four SEC foes to be a lock.
I think the only way Bama is a lock with one loss is if it’s in the SECCG. A one loss Georgia will be ranked higher than a two loss LSU (I think A&M exposes them though).
Saturday starts the shakeup. Only guarantee is that things will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bama is a lock. Just gotta win this weekend.
ND is not a lock. They can lose any game. So can Clemson.

I don't think we will see two SEC team in playoff this year. Georgia is not good at all. Would get killed by Alabama, ND, Clemson and Ohio State.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm rooting for ND to get in. I'd love for us to play them. It would be another classic game (and blowout) if we played them again.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I don't think we will see two SEC team in playoff this year. Georgia is not good at all. Would get killed by Alabama, ND, Clemson and Ohio State.
Nobody on ND’s schedule is capable of beating them. Same for Clemson.
Look carefully at those schedules again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
6-2 Florida ranked higher than 7-0 UCF. Shows how much they value quality wins over just wins. If Florida had lost to LSU but beaten Kentucky then I think they would be lower ranked. Same win loss (6-2), same schedule, but different teams lost to and beaten.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan. Over the course of a season you can judge a team based upon consistent results but no one believes that a team that lost to eastern Michigan is better than tOSU.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
But I do believe Ga is better than Purdue, OSU, and Eastern Michigan.
UGA woukd blow purdue off the field. I think tOSU would be a fun game to watch. I am not sure that there is enough separation in talent between TOSU and UGA to predict who would win that game. I think Vegas would make that a pickem.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Looks pretty good for Alabama and the SEC. The committee made it clear they're not that impressed with Notre Dame, a loss would be trouble for them. Michigan and Oklahoma are still in good positions, but Ohio State and West Virginia, not so much...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I'm not impressed with LSU. I think they are in the top four to hype this weekends game. The older I get and the more I watch and listen to college football news, I am convinced the ratings (to an extent) are manipulated to increase viewership and interest. Case in point, I have heard Finebaum say he is in the hype business.
With all due respect, there has never been any indication that the CFPC has any interest in promoting upcoming games. IMO, it would be completely out of character for that to be the case. They are not part of or beholden to any broadcasting org. Finebaum and the CFPC are two completely different entities with two completely different agendas.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

No one is a lock.
Georgia is capable of beating any of those teams.
Bama just needs to take care of business.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Can you see the ESPN SEC bias? They have guaranteed at least one SEC team in they playoff and maybe two again. You heard it "hear" first. I can't wait to go to the Aubie boards. Gawd, I love me some REC.

I was actually surprised that the top four are the same four as the top four in both major polls.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.