The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My 8 Decades

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I think Trump still beats Sanders in 2016. People like Bernie because he is the kooky uncle. You need people like him in politics but you don’t elect him as president. Trump would be fine as a senator, but you don’t want his kind at the big desk.

Sanders will be 79 in 2020. He was born before Pearl Harbor was attacked. Biden will turn 78 just after the election. That would be a big concern for me, though I would vote for Biden if he is the nominee.

The big downside to Biden running is dealing with my Facebook feed being jammed up with photoshops of him molesting women and children. (I’m serious).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the "Gropey Joe" memes will surely come.

But here is the thing. The current President has lowered the bar so low. The current guy paid for sex with a hooker while his 3rd wife was at home with their newborn kid. Just add all the other stuff that this disreputable guy has said and done.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah, the "Gropey Joe" memes will surely come.

But here is the thing. The current President has lowered the bar so low. The current guy paid for sex with a hooker while his 3rd wife was at home with their newborn kid. Just add all the other stuff that this disreputable guy has said and done.
as always, iokiyar

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
the primaries weren't rigged and bernie would have been massacred in a head to head race with trump.
Yep - well, every poll said otherwise so that’s just your opinion and it’s wrong.
But it’s yours.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
the primaries weren't rigged and bernie would have been massacred in a head to head race with trump.
And the primaries were rigged.
I could go facts for days but Hillary supporters are as bad as Trumpers when it comes to living in De Nile.
Why do you think they stopped the exit polling? They didn’t jive, for the first time since they started doing them, with the vote count.
Bernie would have won California- media wasn’t showing Hillary literally getting chased off the street in LA, or the tens of thousands packing Bernie’s rallies at STADIUMS.
No wonder this country is so messed up - no one accepts factual reality if it doesn’t fit their belief system.
Sad.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've mostly avoided this part of the NS board because it's become nothing but the same old, same old. Once in awhile, though, a thread catches my attention, and God help me when I find myself agreeing MULTIPLE times with 92tide in the same thread. So I'll try (and fail) to keep it brief.

I think Bernie Sanders gets creamed by Trump is he won the nomination.

To say "the primaries were rigged" is factually incorrect. However - if you're saying "the outcome was predetermined," then yeah. Sanders was running for the Democratic nomination, but he was NOT himself a Democrat. HE said this!! Hell, he's quoted in "Shattered" as saying this right before he's having to figure out how to endorse Hillary. However, there's a caveat in the Democratic Party rules that make the whole thing okay called "super delegates." The Democrats decided to head off at the pass the problem the Republicans found themselves with in 2016. What a lot of you may not realize is that in 1972 there was a brief period of time where George Wallace was a viable threat to win the nomination. In 1976, Jimmy Carter really only won it because there were eight liberals splitting the vote while a number of moderates threw in with Carter out of fear Wallace, now in a wheel chair, might win it. Because of those races - in 1984 - the Democrats altered their process with super delegates to "confirm or overrule" the selection of the voters. (There had been super delegates back to the 60s, but their role necessarily changed when we went from state convention delegate selection to primary/caucus selection). The rules that beat Sanders - for the most part - had been on the books since Hillary was First Lady of Arkansas. Now - it's TRUE that if Bernie had won the most votes it would not have mattered, but it's incorrect to blame this one on the Clintons, Hillary, or the rigged game. When you have super delegates to make the actual selection, it's not a rigged game at all. I mean, she certainly didn't have it all rigged in 2008, did she? (I'll admit she tried with the whole Michigan/Florida thing but nah).

Sanders was the Trump of the Left, the Occupy Wall Street/protest vote. A lot of his voters (hell, like Trump's) didn't have the first clue what he stood for or wanted, they just knew he WAS NOT Hillary. She had no chance at many of their votes, and I honestly wonder the real number of folks who supported Sanders and then voted Trump. Folks who view elections ideologically (which is almost all of the activists and almost NONE of the non-activists) dismiss that at their own peril. Over 1/2 the voters in each state can't tell you the NAME of their Senator, much less what he stands for. (This has obvious exceptions such as when one - say Senator Obama or McCain - is actually running for Prez).

Now.....as far as the ten worst people, I think it's a stupid list and for the most part a stupid idea. Even saying this about Trump AS OF RIGHT NOW is insanely stupid since you simply have no idea how it's going to play out long term. Mark Felt? Well, if it wasn't for the Nixon administration covering up a crime (remember: Nixon was a lawyer), Mark Felt would have been irrelevant. I mean, you kind of have to have a position with some clout and power to actually do terrible things, don't you?

Hillary Clinton was a Senator in a minority party (for the most part) and then Secretary of State for four years. She didn't bumble us into WW3, so just no.

Bill Clinton was one of the most irrelevant Presidents in American history. A trained poodle making decisions with one of those 8 balls would have done almost as well because there were very few threats to the good times. The economy was growing and the Cold War was over - before he even began running. While he deserves credit for not driving the car into the ditch, he wasn't bold, and I will always regard his eight years as a wasted opportunity by a guy who insisted on having his midlife crisis shared by the entire country.

MOST folks - even with power - can't screw it up too bad. I mean, you have to be a President or maybe a powerful Speaker of the House (Gingrich doesn't count, he was only there as Speaker for four years before turning aside for that guy we should all be more like - said the press at the time - pedophile Denny Hastert), a Fed Reserve chairman, a Chief Justice, a Secretary of State. My esteemed Tide fan Gray mentions George Wallace, but while he was a contemptible man for much of his public life, his actual sphere of power ended at the Georgia State Line. He wasn't even a Senator. He did many wrong things, but calling him a "destructive American," well, sadly I say Wallace wasn't singing a solo on civil rights.

Obama? No
Cheney? Well, you have more of a case there as he was quite popular even with media types. But, no.
Bush? No
Carter? No
Cronkite? a lot of influence during his time but the Saigon helicopter escape was seven years after Cronkite declared a stalemate. He didn't have much power.

Now.....I'll play a little bit and there are three guys I can put a lot of blame for destruction on (and Joe McCarthy, the former Yankees manager turned Senator, is admittedly a decent selection). When this country made the mistake of entering, escalating, and then abandoning Vietnam, it hurt this country maybe more than any single thing since the Civil War. It deeply divided families, friends, even politicians within the parties. It made us more suspicious than ever of our government AND our press, and we had the "able to get out of service/gotta go to war" class argument. Following that, Presidents had to be much more conspicuous with yielding American military power, both for good and ill.

And for that I think you can pin MUCH of the blame on three people: John Foster Dulles, Robert MacNamara, and LBJ.

That's my two pennies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I could go facts for days but Hillary supporters are as bad as Trumpers when it comes to living in De Nile.
Why do you think they stopped the exit polling? They didn’t jive, for the first time since they started doing them, with the vote count.
Bernie would have won California- media wasn’t showing Hillary literally getting chased off the street in LA, or the tens of thousands packing Bernie’s rallies at STADIUMS.
No wonder this country is so messed up - no one accepts factual reality if it doesn’t fit their belief system.
Sad.

i've seen a bunch of conspiracy theories implying that. i don't buy them.

Pants On Fire for viral rumor Bernie Sanders won California

There is evidence that California’s complicated voting rules led to problems. That may have prevented some Sanders supporters from voting for him and, for that matter, some Clinton supporters from voting for her. But there’s no proof to back up the outlandish claim that Sanders won California or that two-thirds of his votes were not counted.

We rate the Gazette’s claim Pants On Fire.

Last edited:

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Throw Hillary Clinton in the top 10 or dishonorable mention. For merely choosing personal gain over country. She should have known her negatives outweighed her positives and should have just threw in the towel before the nomination process.
And Bernie Sanders. Simply for helping elect Trump.
So if you think about it your selecting Trump three times. :smile: One for being Trump. One for Hillary losing to him. And one for Sanders helping elect Trump.

Though my impression was Sanders did throw his support behind Hillary. I don't think he can be faulted for his anti-establishment followers not being with Hillary.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Anyone who has known me the nearly two decades I've been here can vouch for the fact I'm no Clinton apologist, but I AM a realist.

I've met some partisans who are every bit as dogmatic about crap on the left as on the right. That part is true. It's not really any different than the thousands of dweebs who claim Saban said you couldn't play for the championship unless you won your conference - not only did he never say that but their "evidence" is a meme.

I find as I age that I talk to fewer and fewer people because, quite frankly, everyone is angling to persuade you of their crap. That's true in the Trumpkin village and in Hillaryville, but it doesn't really address the facts here.

I despite the Clintons, but the primaries weren't rigged any more than Russia switched votes electronically and Hillary "really" won.

Why do you think they stopped the exit polling?
I'm admittedly gonna go out on a limb here and say, "Because they counted ACTUAL ballots, which are more reliable and Hillary won."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ount-and-clinton-wins/?utm_term=.00d3536ad363

Exit polls have been wrong so many times it isn't funny.

Exit polls in the 92 NH primary suggested Buchanan was very close to Bush when he actually lost by 17 points
Exit polls in 96 NH Senate election suggested Dick Swett beat Bob Smith for the seat, but he lost
Exit polls in 2000 Florida suggested Gore was going to win - so much so that all the networks including Fox News called him the winner
Exit polls in 2004 suggested Kerry was going to beat Bush in a landslide

And worst of all, flawed exit polls are how we have the myth known as "the Bradley effect" (aka the white dudes won't vote for the black dude election myth), which was exposed as flawed in 1982 when it was invented.

They didn’t jive, for the first time since they started doing them, with the vote count.
That is absolutely not true. Jesse Jackson won a rout in the 1988 Michigan Democratic primary when he wasn't even close in the exit polls. Plus all of the examples I listed above.

Bernie would have won California-
1) No, but...
2) even if he had, it would not have won him the nomination

She got 99 more delegates than he did.

3) Clinton actually had enough delegates to WIN THE NOMINATION the day before the CA primary. Keep in mind she was almost 300 delegates ahead, so even if you presuppose a 7-point Sanders win and he gets those 99 delegates, he's still way short. (And you can't even assume that because delegates work differently in each state).

(This might also explain the sudden lack of polling you're claiming happened).

media wasn’t showing Hillary literally getting chased off the street in LA,
If they weren't showing it then how do you know about it?

or the tens of thousands packing Bernie’s rallies at STADIUMS.
Estimated 15,000 Feel the Bern (Sacramento)

Room for 5,000 that gets exceeded in Fresno

Thousands in Irvine

Sad.
You're right, but I don't think you realize how.......

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
1. Donald Trump
2. Newt Gingrich
3. Joseph McCarthy
4. Richard Nixon
5. Lyndon Johnson
6. Bill Clinton
7. Mitch McConnell
8. Nancy Pelosi
9. George Wallace

I am still thinking about #10, but will say this list is fluid except for numbers 1 and 2.

ETA: I have not been around for 8 decades.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Add Alan Greenspan for helping justify the logic behind trickle down economics.
For blowing bubbles and not recognizing them even when they were about to burst! Perhaps the man with the least common sense ever to hold such an important post. Generally held in low esteem by knowledgeable investors.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
For blowing bubbles and not recognizing them even when they were about to burst! Perhaps the man with the least common sense ever to hold such an important post. Generally held in low esteem by knowledgeable investors.
Remember, he kept interests rates low in order for the economy to have a "soft landing". If 2008 is a soft landing, I'd hate to see a hard landing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You could make a case that any American whose political/business/moral behavior alienated or did some form of damage to the American public could be included on any list of destructive Americans. I believe because of social media and, 24 hour news coverage we are more aware of individuals who through their notoriety are able to take advantage of the public and to further their agenda whether it is to gain power or profit financially at the cost of others.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wonder how things would have gone if Hillary doesn’t run in 2016. Her being in chased off just about everyone else.

So could a random Democrat have beaten Trump? I don’t see Sanders even getting close in an average field of 8-10 people.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I wonder how things would have gone if Hillary doesn’t run in 2016. Her being in chased off just about everyone else.

So could a random Democrat have beaten Trump? I don’t see Sanders even getting close in an average field of 8-10 people.

Probably not because the Dems in 2016, and even now to some extent, have no message and no electable candidate unfortunately.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.