Any news updates on Terrell Lewis? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Any news updates on Terrell Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    If he does not come back next year it will be a horrible mistake and he would not be listening to his coaches and probably parents. As westide says he has to prove to the NFL people he can stay healthy before they invest in him.
    I understand what you are saying but if he goes who could blame him. I, personally , wouldn't risk another injury without getting paid.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    If he does not come back next year it will be a horrible mistake and he would not be listening to his coaches and probably parents. As westide says he has to prove to the NFL people he can stay healthy before they invest in him.
    Ummmm..... not necessary...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Ummmm..... not necessary...
    We all want Lewis to get paid, and he is the one who has to weigh risk vs reward, but there is no chance that he gets taken early in the draft next year, even if he has an amazing CFP performance. Would he get drafted? Absolutely. But he might get paid more from an insurance policy if he was to risk playing another year and got injured again. Since Alabama would buy that policy for him, this is an option that he should consider, IMO.

BamaNation All-American

There are risks either way.

1. Come back - if he stays healthy and has a big season he'd likely be a 1st rounder. But he's risking getting another injury without getting paid. Idk if he's graduated or not but could help him have a safety net if injuries to derail his career

2. Enter the draft. Idk where he'd be taken sinces he's barley played. So he'd likely have a later round contract and make a lot less money. And have to produce and stay healthy for the duration of his rookie contract to get big money. But maybe he shines at the combine and people take a risk on him earlier than we'd think idk.

Obviously this is oversimplifying it but it's a risk either way. I wouldn't blame him for either decision. I selfishly hope he comes back though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    There are risks either way.

1. Come back - if he stays healthy and has a big season he'd likely be a 1st rounder. But he's risking getting another injury without getting paid. Idk if he's graduated or not but could help him have a safety net if injuries to derail his career

2. Enter the draft. Idk where he'd be taken sinces he's barley played. So he'd likely have a later round contract and make a lot less money. And have to produce and stay healthy for the duration of his rookie contract to get big money. But maybe he shines at the combine and people take a risk on him earlier than we'd think idk.

Obviously this is oversimplifying it but it's a risk either way. I wouldn't blame him for either decision. I selfishly hope he comes back though.
    If he stays, he should have Alabama help him look into an insurance policy.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If he comes out he will drop way down the draft board. He has missed the last 2 seasons to injury. He has to prove that he can stay healthy to get paid.
    Agree 100%!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If he stays, he should have Alabama help him look into an insurance policy.
    Agreed. Good idea