Any news updates on Terrell Lewis?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I dont think he is coming back next year. He can use 4 games to show what he has.
If he comes out he will drop way down the draft board. He has missed the last 2 seasons to injury. He has to prove that he can stay healthy to get paid.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If he comes out he will drop way down the draft board. He has missed the last 2 seasons to injury. He has to prove that he can stay healthy to get paid.
Injuries played a role. I don't know if he is willing to risk another season .... but who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Anything new here?
Nope. Probably won't know anything until maybe next week or two weeks.... if he would return to play against Auburn... then I would imagine he would start practicing next week. But I don't know if he will return against Auburn or playoff.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Injuries played a role. I don't know if he is willing to risk another season .... but who knows.
I totally get that, but what NFL team is going to risk serious money on him right now? He deserves better. I hope he gets it.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Prospective teams are going to want him to make it through a seaon healthy. I think B1GTide is right.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If he does not come back next year it will be a horrible mistake and he would not be listening to his coaches and probably parents. As westide says he has to prove to the NFL people he can stay healthy before they invest in him.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
If he does not come back next year it will be a horrible mistake and he would not be listening to his coaches and probably parents. As westide says he has to prove to the NFL people he can stay healthy before they invest in him.
I understand what you are saying but if he goes who could blame him. I, personally , wouldn't risk another injury without getting paid.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Ummmm..... not necessary...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Ummmm..... not necessary...
We all want Lewis to get paid, and he is the one who has to weigh risk vs reward, but there is no chance that he gets taken early in the draft next year, even if he has an amazing CFP performance. Would he get drafted? Absolutely. But he might get paid more from an insurance policy if he was to risk playing another year and got injured again. Since Alabama would buy that policy for him, this is an option that he should consider, IMO.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
There are risks either way.

1. Come back - if he stays healthy and has a big season he'd likely be a 1st rounder. But he's risking getting another injury without getting paid. Idk if he's graduated or not but could help him have a safety net if injuries to derail his career

2. Enter the draft. Idk where he'd be taken sinces he's barley played. So he'd likely have a later round contract and make a lot less money. And have to produce and stay healthy for the duration of his rookie contract to get big money. But maybe he shines at the combine and people take a risk on him earlier than we'd think idk.

Obviously this is oversimplifying it but it's a risk either way. I wouldn't blame him for either decision. I selfishly hope he comes back though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There are risks either way.

1. Come back - if he stays healthy and has a big season he'd likely be a 1st rounder. But he's risking getting another injury without getting paid. Idk if he's graduated or not but could help him have a safety net if injuries to derail his career

2. Enter the draft. Idk where he'd be taken sinces he's barley played. So he'd likely have a later round contract and make a lot less money. And have to produce and stay healthy for the duration of his rookie contract to get big money. But maybe he shines at the combine and people take a risk on him earlier than we'd think idk.

Obviously this is oversimplifying it but it's a risk either way. I wouldn't blame him for either decision. I selfishly hope he comes back though.
If he stays, he should have Alabama help him look into an insurance policy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.