10 reasons LSU can beat Alabama, ver 2.0

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Now what will they say Monday if we route them by 30 plus?
They will probably say “now we see that LSU was overrated and Alabama still hasn’t played anyone!”

Ogre will go from being the beloved coach, back to being dogged down by the Who fans again, and Bama will be saying “NEXT!” Rolling to the next victim like a barber shop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
10 ways LSU wins, 1. Tua is stricken with Polio. 2 our RB's all get the clap. 3.All WR's get left off the plane. 4 Saban stays at home. 5 Offensive line runs off to a cult. 5. Defensive line runs off to the same cult. 5. defensive backs all get food poisoning. 6. Entire coaching staff quits. 7. Million dollar band all come down with mono. 8. all the fans stay at home. 9 The sun rises at midnight. 10 the world ends Saturday morning. Now if all 10 things happens they win by 2. barring all of those 10 things.................. they lose. So bet on Bama and we cover the 14 point spread before the end of the first quarter. They never get within 14 ever.
Good stuff, but since you have 3 #5s that's really 12 reasons. :smile: But good stuff!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
LSU grad, excellent post. I believe LSU is the best team Bama will face all year, at least until the playoffs (at that point who knows.)
Talented team.

My concerns are:
1. Bama’s offense’s ability to pick up short yardage.
2. Bama’s young (but learning) secondary.

If the Tigers can stop Bama on short yardage and Burrow can pick on young DBs, it could be a long day.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
LSUGrad, if I were you, I'd believe and say the exact same things. LSU clearly has some great athletes, and great athletes can make some great plays. I'm probably in minority of Bama fans, but I believe this game will be tougher than Bama fans want it to be. Naturally, I like our chances of winning and believe strongly we will.

My biggest concern for the game? With your healthy OL back in action, LSU deploys a time-killing running attack that wears down our 1st string defensive front 7. I predict LSU DB's will win some battles, decreasing the % of times we score on offense, but we'll score enough to barely cover the spread.

And if I'm totally wrong and we win by a blow-out, I'm perfectly OK with that too!

Looking forward to a great game by great players that all come thru without any major injuries.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Those were good teams when LSU played them and UGA wasn't a pushover. Granted some of those teams don't look like top 10 or even top 25 teams, but who have we beaten, TAMU who is also a three loss team. It's easy to say because we haven't played anybody that's okay because neither has LSU.
No, sorry I disagree with this line of thinking. I don't see them as good teams that suddenly got worse. They are who they are. Everyone, pre-season hype, just thought they were going to be better. Doesn't mean they were actually better.

So, that will mean LSU gets credit for beating a top ten AU but, when Bama rolls AU in 4 weeks we get a "well they suck"? That makes no sense. AU is the same team now that they were when they played LSU, they haven't had huge injuries causing them to regress. They were never a top ten team and never should have been in the top ten. I hate pre-season polls for this very thing. The only reason AU was ever considered good this year was because of a pre-season popularity contest, not for anything done on the field.

Yet LSU gets the credit for beating this imaginary top ten AU juggernaut. Can we magically put them back in the top ten for the Iron Bowl so we get the same credit?

IMO, this weeks CFP poll should be the very first poll of the season. AP and Coaches poll should disappear.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
LSUGrad,

I like your post and it contains some good points. LSU might have the players, coaches, and system to match up well against Bama, but the ONE THING they don't have, on their squad today, is CHAMPIONSHIP caliber Leadership....

I think that, and that alone, gives Bama the edge...

So, what I mean is, if Jessie did his review and it broke down to 5-5 split from a talent/coaching perspective, this above gives Bama a 6-5 final tally.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Got to tell you folks...just because we have not been in a ball game all season does not mean we won't be in one in three days. The last time we were an overwhelming favorite was at the barn on the kick 6 night. If I were a betting man and had the cash I'd take the corndogs -14.5 in a heartbeat. This ain't gonna be a cakewalk.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
IMO

Bama's very good-great OL is better than LSU's solid-good DL.
Bama's great WRs/TEs/RBs are as good as LSU's great secondary and good LBs. WRs have the inherent advantage because a well-executed pass can't be defended by anyone.
A great-transcendent Tua and very good-great Bama O staff is better than a great DC Aranda. The offense has an inherent advantage since they are the aggressor.

Bama's very good DL (great QW) is better than LSU's solid-good OL
Bama's good-very good front 7 are better than LSU's solid RBs.
Bama very good pass rush and secondary is better than LSU's solid WRs.
Bama's defensive intelligentsia (HC/DC/MLB) is equal to LSU's offensive intelligensia (HC/OC/QB) and the D's great physical talent is better than QB's solid physical talent. I.e., though LSU has the advantage of being the offense, Bama's mental equality and physical superiority will make it difficult for LSU to score.

LSU has great CBs, a great safety and great MLB and are only solid everywhere else, including especially the DL. There are no pass rushers like in the past. Burrow is smart but average physically. The OL is only solid. The RBs and WRs are only solid-good. There are no Landrys, Beckams, Fornettes, Guices, Hills, et al.

Coach O has done a great job this year with an integrated strategy based on a realistic appraisal of what his team is. But they are overmatched in every aspect of the game except for the kickers. Even where you are best as a group there are other factors than override your advantage. I.e., your great secondary is matched in skill by great receivers who have an inherent advantage as offensive players and with having a great QB protected by a very good OL. IMO, LSU would have trouble winning with Jalen as QB, how much more with Tua. Bama should win comfortably. Having said all of that - crazy things happen when you pit 120 or so humans vs another 120 or so...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
1 nugget of history (that I hope is NOT repeated). Last time LSU has been a double digit underdog as a ranked team was 1997. This was against the #1 Florida Gators (Spurrier was the coach). LSU was ranked #14. Florida came into that game avg 49.4 points a game. LSU won that game 28-21. It was at Baton Rouge.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I appreciate the real feedback! I do not think 1-85 we are as talented, but we have great talent. I do not think we have better overall coaching, but we have some great coaches. I love Burrow, but Tua is in a class by himself. I don’t think we WILL win, but I believe we CAN win. Sun comes up Sunday either way, albeit an hour later. That’s the Best birthday present my beautiful bride can get aside from an LSU win! :biggrin2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I appreciate the real feedback! I do not think 1-85 we are as talented, but we have great talent. I do not think we have better overall coaching, but we have some great coaches. I love Burrow, but Tua is in a class by himself. I don’t think we WILL win, but I believe we CAN win. Sun comes up Sunday either way, albeit an hour later. That’s the Best birthday present my beautiful bride can get aside from an LSU win! :biggrin2:
I have to agree. I think LSU can win, just most probably won't. Can you give an explanation as to why the LSU faithful are whipped up into such a frenzy this year?

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Got to tell you folks...just because we have not been in a ball game all season does not mean we won't be in one in three days. The last time we were an overwhelming favorite was at the barn on the kick 6 night. If I were a betting man and had the cash I'd take the corndogs -14.5 in a heartbeat. This ain't gonna be a cakewalk.
Kick 6 shouldnt even have happened. Game shouldn't have been tied in the first place.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I have to agree. I think LSU can win, just most probably won't. Can you give an explanation as to why the LSU faithful are whipped up into such a frenzy this year?
I certainly can’t speak for the average fan and I don’t want to try to speak for the Rant. What I do believe is that we finally have hope. It was lost under Miles. The team plays together. Burrow is a leader. We haven’t had that at the QB position since Flynn. We were not expected to be here, we are playing with house money and it feels great.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I certainly can’t speak for the average fan and I don’t want to try to speak for the Rant. What I do believe is that we finally have hope. It was lost under Miles. The team plays together. Burrow is a leader. We haven’t had that at the QB position since Flynn. We were not expected to be here, we are playing with house money and it feels great.
I don't think it's just the Rant this time. Perhaps the bolded part - and the fear that Saban could once again upset the apple cart - is really it...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Normally I’d worry about complacency but the way some in the media are yapping about how no one really knows if Bama is all that because of their schedule has ticked them off royally. They are champing at the bit to hit somebody and LSU is that somebody. #statementstomping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.