10 reasons LSU can beat Alabama, ver 2.0

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
No offense to the LSU fan but it feels like the poster is trying to talk themselves into believe LSU victory is possible. LSU can win but they will need a lot of things to bounce their way for it to happen. Sports are funny and it's possible. But if we talk strictly football, the X's and O's, the Jimmy and Joe's, then Bama should win this game by 17+.

What the old football betting adage, "always bet on the team with the better QB" or something like that. Tua or Burrow.

One thing you can count on is the Coach O will have his boys pumped and ready to go. Survive the first 5-8 minutes, and Bama will be fine.

Tucker13

Feb 13, 2017
LSU could win and all their chances have been discussed. They would need Tua to have his worst day or worse further injure his knee. If that happens I am not confident Hurts is recovered enough to see the field then we will see if Mac Jones can look like he did in the A-day game. Mac Jones is equally competent to Burrow and Jones has better receivers. If Tua stays upright LSU will be run out of their stadium. If 'Bama can get their normal early lead in the first half then LSU is not geared to make the big comeback even if Devin White does play.

bat123

All-American
Normally I’d worry about complacency but the way some in the media are yapping about how no one really knows if Bama is all that because of their schedule has ticked them off royally. They are champing at the bit to hit somebody and LSU is that somebody. #statementstomping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the post I most agree with.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It bears repeating: there's 1 reason Alabama wins: Tua

LSU has a few advantages in head to head matchups; Bama has a few advantages in them as well.

But Tua is just on another level. We know it. They know it.

Only way LSU wins is if Tua gets hurt OR if Tua has the first terrible game of his career at Bama. There's zero evidence he's got a "terrible" game in his system.

It's Tua's world and everybody else is just living in it!!!

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

LSU has a few advantages in head to head matchups; Bama has a few advantages in them as well.

Only way LSU wins is if Tua gets hurt OR if Tua has the first terrible game of his career at Bama. There's zero evidence he's got a "terrible" game in his system.

My guess is that LSU's defense blitzes early and often to test Tua's toughness. If they play dirty then run the score up.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
My bookie's favorite people are the ones that bet on past teams results...
1 nugget of history (that I hope is NOT repeated). Last time LSU has been a double digit underdog as a ranked team was 1997. This was against the #1 Florida Gators (Spurrier was the coach). LSU was ranked #14. Florida came into that game avg 49.4 points a game. LSU won that game 28-21. It was at Baton Rouge.

Last edited:

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Tua processes information so quickly though, so that may be a bad idea for LSU.
A zone with a four man mostly ineffective rush is a death sentence. You may not hit the homerun, but you can hit the 6 to 7 yard pass that then goes for another 3 to 5 if tackled as soon as possible. Then you may also clear space behind the backers and in front of the safeties for those 20 yard chunks and with the WR speed Bama has that could be way more with one bad angle by a defender.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A zone with a four man mostly ineffective rush is a death sentence. You may not hit the homerun, but you can hit the 6 to 7 yard pass that then goes for another 3 to 5 if tackled as soon as possible. Then you may also clear space behind the backers and in front of the safeties for those 20 yard chunks and with the WR speed Bama has that could be way more with one bad angle by a defender.
I like what someone said earlier about this strategy. If they do this we might not ever have a 3rd down!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Bama is much better than LSU without Tua, with him it's hard to see how they can stay in the game. Alabama is better at almost every position group.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Great breakdown of LSU's strengths and where they can capitalize. I think you should have moved the home game at night point up a few notches though. It's a real strength for this game, and for LSU as a whole. But really against a young QB who has not played a game in that environment. 4 quarters of football is what should be expected, but the casual Bama fan or observer has not seen that from the Tide this year; it hasn't been necessary.

We can't let up after halftime. I doubt we will be playing from behind, but trick offensive plays by Orgeron and Burrow could sneak a couple plays past us for big scores early. Second half, we will find out just what Alabama is all about.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Great breakdown of LSU's strengths and where they can capitalize. I think you should have moved the home game at night point up a few notches though. It's a real strength for this game, and for LSU as a whole. But really against a young QB who has not played a game in that environment. 4 quarters of football is what should be expected, but the casual Bama fan or observer has not seen that from the Tide this year; it hasn't been necessary.

We can't let up after halftime. I doubt we will be playing from behind, but trick offensive plays by Orgeron and Burrow could sneak a couple plays past us for big scores early. Second half, we will find out just what Alabama is all about.
Trick plays rarely work vs Alabama because they are so well coached with great play recognition and so disciplined. Most teams do not try them often for that reason. LSU should have difficulty moving the ball. Their offense is solid at best - Bama's D is much better. There is not one weapon to fear. Blown coverages or spectacular passing plays (and they only have a mediocre QB and solid WRs) are the only way they should be able to make any big offensive plays.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
It's possible their huge receivers might out jump us on a back shoulder throw or some such, but that is hard to sustain over the course of a game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Bama is much better than LSU without Tua, with him it's hard to see how they can stay in the game. Alabama is better at almost every position group.
Wasn't trying to suggests otherwise, but that Tua's the biggest advantage that they can't match.

We've dominated them for years now with the formula you suggested, but Tua is just the force nobody as the answer for yet. I don't think LSU will either.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Not worried a bit about this game. I have scanned multiple sports websites , watched ESPN and other sports networks covering this pregame hype. EVERYONE is talking how LSU can win, or what they need to do to make it a game. How they match up , blah blah blah. NOT one have asked or mentioned what Bama needs to do to win. WHY? cause it is so evident what we need to do, show up and play our game and we win big. The harder they try to make it out LSU canmake it a real game, the more I chuckle and know, we are going to do to LSU what we have done all year. Bash their brains in by halftime.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.