LSU’s historical Bama obsession

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I lived and worked in Bayeaux country for many years. LSU fans simply cannot understand why we don't consider them our biggest rival. It is an insult added to the injury of losing so many times to Bama. Their collective fan base needs some psychiatric intervention to deal with BDS (Bama Derangement Syndrome).

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
You're right, but LSU fans have a visceral hate toward Bama. It's on another level than other fan bases.
With all due respect to our LSU posters and lurkers. I have honestly kind of grown weary of LSU's obsession with Alabama. It was amusing when we first got Saban and started winning like we used to. But its just seems like everything now is "Saban's fault" or "REC Conspiracy" or the "Refs being in bama's pocket" garbage. Like they blame Nick Saban and Alabama for everything that has ever gone wrong for them. I just remember them burning the nick saban scarecrow in effigy in 08. :rolleyes:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
With all due respect to our LSU posters and lurkers. I have honestly kind of grown weary of LSU's obsession with Alabama. It was amusing when we first got Saban and started winning like we used to. But its just seems like everything now is "Saban's fault" or "REC Conspiracy" or the "Refs being in bama's pocket" garbage. Like they blame Nick Saban and Alabama for everything that has ever gone wrong for them. I just remember them burning the nick saban scarecrow in effigy in 08. :rolleyes:
It’s who they are; they will hate Bama long after Saban is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've been a Tide fan now for forty years. (Did I just say that?)

In all those years of (mostly) ups and a few downs, there has been ONLY one team I can ever recall that really got into the heads of Bama Nation, struck fear and hatred into our hearts and that's Notre Dame. Going into the 1980 season it was ASSUMED we'd play the Irish with both of us unbeaten - and it was pretty much assumed even by Tide fans that we'd lose a heartbreaker, which we did. This was a school that had stolen two national title votes from us, taken us out of the running another time, and forced a split another time.

That's the ONLY school I ever recall that there was a quake in the step or fear in the heart of a Tide fan. OK, there was one more - Miami going into the 1993 Sugar Bowl but that was more of a case of "we're so close to winning a title, but we have to beat those punks." If we had lost that game respectably (as we did in 1990), it would not have hurt us nationally.

The simple truth is that nobody shows up on the radar anymore. We are the hunted and everyone else is the hunter. Every team we play is just an opponent on our schedule, a road bump on the path to ultimate success.

I miss the deep respect of the old pre-Fulmer rivalry with Tennessee.

None of the other SEC schools ever scared me. Oh, and complaining about our schedule has been going on at least for forty years now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.