Will this be a "statement" game?

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
All season long we have been bombarded with the old "Alabama hasn't played anybody" or "weak schedule." Well, we are playing somebody this Saturday.
It would be fantastic if we could run up a really good score, say 57-7 or something like that, to shut up the naysayers?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The statement is one Nick said when he arrived in Tuscaloosa. We want to be the team NO ONE wants to play.After this game, no one will want to play us. This is the game that tells the nation, we have been really good, but with a GREAT QB we are unstoppable. This is our SEASON of Seasons. This is the perfect storm in college football. When we beat LSU down, a number 3 team with a great defense, all others will look and realize, it is over this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We already have a score thread so I won't go there, but I do believe that this will be a statement game for Alabama. Right now there are doubters because of your schedule. Win by more than 2 scores and you put the college football world on notice, and the official countdown to #18 begins. Lose and it becomes a statement game for LSU.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Yes. Regardless of the outcome.

But I'm pretty sure I know what the outcome's going to be and only Bama fans are going to be happy about it. :biggrin2:

Everyone can see the product Bama's putting onto the field. We haven't played our best game - haven't needed anything close to it, yet - and have been blowing everyone off the field. All the naysayers know what they are seeing from this Bama team but are just afraid to admit it.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It is impossible for Bama to have a statement game. If Bama wins by 4 TDs, then everyone will say LSU was overrated and we still haven't played anybody. If Bama wins or loses a nail-biter then everyone will say Bama was overrated because we haven't played anybody.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
It is impossible for Bama to have a statement game. If Bama wins by 4 TDs, then everyone will say LSU was overrated and we still haven't played anybody. If Bama wins or loses a nail-biter then everyone will say Bama was overrated because we haven't played anybody.
I know you are intending sarcasm, but Alabama really can't have a "statement" game. They have been the dominant program for over a decade. If they win big, the only "statement" that can be made is Alabama is still Alabama until further notice. There is nothing for them to prove.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We already have a score thread so I won't go there, but I do believe that this will be a statement game for Alabama. Right now there are doubters because of your schedule. Win by more than 2 scores and you put the college football world on notice, and the official countdown to #18 begins. Lose and it becomes a statement game for LSU.
Right. The answer to the original question is " Yes ". The unknown is for whom (?).

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I know you are intending sarcasm, but Alabama really can't have a "statement" game. They have been the dominant program for over a decade. If they win big, the only "statement" that can be made is Alabama is still Alabama until further notice. There is nothing for them to prove.
But Alabama is not just Alabama. Pete Fiutak said it best, "basically Alabama is Alabama with Drew Brees at QB".

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Yep. How many times since 2008 have I heard "ANYBODY but Bama!!" So every game is a statement game to me. But at least I haven't heard this game billed "Game of the Century" just yet. Hope I don't.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The only statement will be, well DANG there goes 18. Expand the trophy case and that darn Tua will be back another yr, so most will be looking to 2020 as their next best hope LOL

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Beating a top 5 team on the road will certainly be a statement win, and that's regardless of the score.
Not to poo poo the post, that is a statement game for most teams, for Bama, well it is just another day at the office. We have beat most every top 5 team we played for a decade now. Bama can beat the #2 team(as we are usually #1) and no one blinks. At this point it is expected. YES it will be big win, but the statement game now boils down to one game and one game only, The National Title game. Everything else is just another game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I am still worried about our fans after the game no matter who wins.
If it's a first half beatdown they'll be long gone by then.

My only experience with LSU fans was in 2012 BCSNCG in NOLA. They were loud and obnoxious before the game. They didn't say a word afterward. BR may be different, but a beatdown will likely keep 'em quiet.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The only statement I am interested in is "Alabama Wins" as the clock strikes 0:00. I really think we are in for a heck of a ballgame.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.