JessN: LSU preview: Are Tigers that tough, or is the drama being invented?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Wow, JessN swinging for the fences on that preview! Can’t ever recall an LSU game prediction that lopsided. Hopefully it’ll come to fruition! Great job and Roll Tide!!! [emoji208]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
LSU preview: Are Tigers that tough, or is the drama being invented?
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief

College football’s version of a “Fake News” hashtag in recent seasons has mostly revolved around the sports media’s coverage of various “games of the century” involving Alabama.

While a handful have certainly met the definition, most of the time Alabama has won, and won comfortably. Pundits looking for nail-biters and getting blowouts instead tend to slowly step backward until they disappear behind the theater curtains, stage rear.

This year, it’s no different. Louisville was supposed to be the big test. Then it turned into Ole Miss. Then it was Texas A&M. Then Drew Lock and Missouri.

Read More Here

I agree wholeheartedly! I've been a fan since 1956, and for the first time I can just sit back and truly enjoy watching,no nerves, no apprehension. Great take and piece,

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Great write-up as usual.

Getting hyped for this game. I have been busy the last 2 weeks working on 3 deadlines for 3 different schools. 2 were due this morning and the third is due tomorrow at 5pm. It has helped keep me distracted enough, I am not realizing how long it is taking to get here. Saturday’s long wait will be like my 2 week wait. I plan on getting up and biking that morning 20+ miles and trying not to think about it. I have a feeling the day will drag for me.

You know you are living in bizarro world when UGA fans are more nervous about playing and beating Kentucky than Alabama fans are about playing and beating 7SU.

Last edited:

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the write-up. I am at my condo owners meeting in FL this weekend and it is about 80% LSU fans, so I love your prediction. I feel Bama will play good but I always get nervous about fluke stuff..... fumbles, tipped passes etc. I wish Jalen was available as our safety net.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Good stuff Jess, as always. Funny thing is that I have a more conservative view than you do on this one and I don't think that has ever happened. What you write all makes sense and is the accurate view for all intents and purposes. Maybe, if this were a neutral site game, I could be swayed into thinking you are dead on. But playing this game in Death Valley at night with this build up not to mention the corndogs agony having not been able to take us down is such a long time...I just see a struggle. I see the whos playing WAY above their heads and putting us under pressure all night on both sides of the ball. Call me crazy but we can legitimately lose this game. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see a 22 point thumping Saturday night.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Wow, JessN swinging for the fences on that preview! Can’t ever recall an LSU game prediction that lopsided. Hopefully it’ll come to fruition! Great job and Roll Tide!!! [emoji208]

My thought as well. If Jess is saying that big of a score I am all for it. Great write up!

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks for a great analysis as always, Jess. I agree with your prediction. I have been trying to temper my expectations but I am thinking the Tide is going to Roll! Outside of injuries or fluke ball bounces, I think the team takes care of this one. They will be focused and ready.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Awesome analysis, Jess, and IMO spot on. There’s so much hype and anger coming from the press and Tigah fans that it’s very refreshing to read a level headed analysis of the stats.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Good stuff Jess, as always. Funny thing is that I have a more conservative view than you do on this one and I don't think that has ever happened. What you write all makes sense and is the accurate view for all intents and purposes. Maybe, if this were a neutral site game, I could be swayed into thinking you are dead on. But playing this game in Death Valley at night with this build up not to mention the corndogs agony having not been able to take us down is such a long time...I just see a struggle. I see the whos playing WAY above their heads and putting us under pressure all night on both sides of the ball. Call me crazy but we can legitimately lose this game. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see a 22 point thumping Saturday night.
You may very well be right, but I keep asking myself this: Is our offense this year better than 2011? Of course.

Is LSU's defense this year better than 2011? No way!

That was a 21 point game on the biggest stage there is. My heart doesn't want to believe it either, but my head keeps having a hard time even seeing how LSU keeps it close. Its weird! :)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

The most beautiful letter in the alphabet: the Script A. RTR!!!!!!!

Jess, I sure hope you are RIGHT/Correct/Accurate in your prediction. This is going to be a tough one.

Pre-game speech: "Yaw, Yaw, Yaw, Yaw Football."

Halftime speech: "Yaw, Yaw, Yaw, Yaw Football."

Post game speech.: "Men we just played the BEST darn Team in College football and we held them under 65 points. And Coach Saban was right, they did kick Uh _____."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.