News Article: CFN Fearless Prediction Alabama Vs LSU

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll take it, but I think underestimate Tua's ability to make plays.

They might be right about us being methodical, but I think it'll be more than just the running backs. Tua might not take the top off the defense, but he'll get his yards!

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
16 points for LSU sounds about right. But the 31 predicted for Bama is about 10 points too low.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
SMH -- you HAVE to wait for CA.....ya'll are gonna mess this up.....We need to delete the thread and start over before the football gods poo poo on our weekend.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
I think this writer may be confusing Bama's 1st string defense with Bama's 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th team defense. The first string D was off the field usually 2 minutes into the second half of each game with the exception of 12RC. Quoting the CFN writer and his assessment of Bama's Defense and what it must do for Bama to beat LSU. He writes, "The defense that’s taken its foot off the gas at times will be ready to make a statement." Maybe I'm wrong and I have been many times but I don't recall a game where the 1st string D ever took it's foot off the gas nor did they quit playing hard. I do admit the D was caught off guard a few times(first play by the NWO (Never Wide Open.) But during the second half of most games when possibly the Bama scout team was lined up at D they did give up some points and make some mistakes, but I think that's to be expected. So, I gotta believe this guy was referring to the #2,#3 D's. So, I've come to the conclusion that this CFN writer didn't even watch the Bama games and had no idea the 1st team was in the shower by middle of the 3rd quarter. Probably just assumed the first team defense played the whole game and quit on Saban in the second half. It's easy to look at the box score of a game you didn't watch and come up with your own theories about how the game played out.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And thanks for posting, Snuffy - I’ve been traveling out of the country this week (still not quite home), so I was unable to post this.

This thread has the official CA stamp of approval.

RTR!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
And thanks for posting, Snuffy - I’ve been traveling out of the country this week (still not quite home), so I was unable to post this.

This thread has the official CA stamp of approval.

RTR!
Your absence from this thread cost me several hours of sleep this week. Glad you found your way to the thread before game time

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.