Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. LSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm weirdly nervous about this game now. Too many people aren't giving LSU any chance at all which always makes me doubt the game more.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm weirdly nervous about this game now. Too many people aren't giving LSU any chance at all which always makes me doubt the game more.
How you feel about it isn't going to change the outcome, so you might as well be excited and optimistic about it.

:cheers2:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I’ve never heard him say anything like that publicly, either. He must know something most of us only suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If any doubts that Nick takes this game more serious than all others is nuts. This may be the game qe see Tua for the entire game no matter the score, and I doubt we take a knee even if we are up 50 with 1 minute left. Throw long and throw often.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm so fired up for this game!!! CNS has me AMPED UP!!!

7SU fans have lost their minds. I mean we already live rent free in their heads 24/7 but this year has made them extra crazy.

From Wild Officiating conspiracies to buying Billboards to them actually believing they are truly the #3 ranked team in the country who will derail our season..... Haha HAHAhhahahah!!!

We are going to snatch their heart out and eat it in front of them while it's still beating like a Mortal Kombat Fatality!!!

This is going to be one of the most satisfying beat downs in Baton Rouge yet!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I was listening to 92.9 The Game in Atlanta (as I do every day), and they had a guest on. It was the former CBS and now Fox 7SU homer (I refuse to type his name, but everyone should know who I am talking about). He thought there was yet another conspiracy to rank 7SU high, so if they beat Alabama, Alabama will not drop far and still get into the playoffs. He doubled down on conspiracy and said Alabama will get in yet again if they lose. He thinks the committee is in love with the “name brand teams”. He thinks the committee will not allow UCF in the playoffs even if they go undefeated again and even if they are the only undefeated team. He said that all of this is “proof” of why we “have to” go to an 8-team playoff. Can we please beat 7SU by 50 to shut this garbage up? After his last comment I switched to my CD player and listened to Metallica, it made me happier.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
UCF can go undefeated and should not get in Playoff, they play the 110th weakest schedule in football. If they played troy they would get trucked, when folks say they played nobody they really are talking UCF. They must play at least 2 decent teams to get any respect. No one on their team could even make Bama squad much less start a game. Please put them in a real bowl and watch them fall.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I'm so fired up for this game!!! CNS has me AMPED UP!!!

7SU fans have lost their minds. I mean we already live rent free in their heads 24/7 but this year has made them extra crazy.

From Wild Officiating conspiracies to buying Billboards to them actually believing they are truly the #3 ranked team in the country who will derail our season..... Haha HAHAhhahahah!!!

We are going to snatch their heart out and eat it in front of them while it's still beating like a Mortal Kombat Fatality!!!

This is going to be one of the most satisfying beat downs in Baton Rouge yet!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well....maybe....I will watch the game. I need to iron my one dollar bills and then arrange them by serial number.....but I guess I could turn on the game. You know...to support my State school and all. Just kidding Bro!!! I completely agree with all this. I know there are lots of sensible LSU fans who are great Americans as well. We have at least one on this board. But never in my life have I seen this level of idiocy. AND the sports writers in the B'ham papers are going to be the worst of the lot should Bama lose this game.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I was listening to 92.9 The Game in Atlanta (as I do every day), and they had a guest on. It was the former CBS and now Fox 7SU homer (I refuse to type his name, but everyone should know who I am talking about). He thought there was yet another conspiracy to rank 7SU high, so if they beat Alabama, Alabama will not drop far and still get into the playoffs. He doubled down on conspiracy and said Alabama will get in yet again if they lose. He thinks the committee is in love with the “name brand teams”. He thinks the committee will not allow UCF in the playoffs even if they go undefeated again and even if they are the only undefeated team. He said that all of this is “proof” of why we “have to” go to an 8-team playoff. Can we please beat 7SU by 50 to shut this garbage up? After his last comment I switched to my CD player and listened to Metallica, it made me happier.
Wow....Only difference between you and I is your CD player is playing Metallica and mine is playing Steve Winwood. I know exactly which Boob you referred to. I can imagine also the smug smile he must've had as he belched that nonsense.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
He thought there was yet another conspiracy to rank 7SU high, so if they beat Alabama, Alabama will not drop far and still get into the playoffs. He doubled down on conspiracy and said Alabama will get in yet again if they lose. He thinks the committee is in love with the “name brand teams”.

He thinks the committee will not allow UCF in the playoffs even if they go undefeated again and even if they are the only undefeated team. He said that all of this is “proof” of why we “have to” go to an 8-team playoff. Can we please beat 7SU by 50 to shut this garbage up? After his last comment I switched to my CD player and listened to Metallica, it made me happier.
Sounds like there isn't enough Tin Foil on earth for his melon head.

7SU is ranked high because they have one of the less embarrassing losses and one of the more impressive wins out of the gaggle of 7-1 teams in the Top 10.

They ARE overrated imho but there really isn't a good reason(s) to rank any of the teams below them above them instead.

I WISH at year's end that teams 5-10 onwards all have 2 or more losses so UCF can get in at #4.

It would be a Semi-Final MASSACRE.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

7SU is ranked high because they have one of the less embarrassing losses and one of the more impressive wins out of the gaggle of 7-1 teams in the Top 10.

They ARE overrated imho but there really isn't a good reason(s) to rank any of the teams below them above them instead.

I WISH at year's end that teams 5-10 onwards all have 2 or more losses so UCF can get in at #4.

OH YEAH and get Notre Dame in would be the easiest road for us to 18 beating ND and UCF in playoffs LOL We would set CFP scoring records that would never be broken EVER.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

I really want teams 2-7 to lose Saturday. Put UCF in prime position to get in the top 4. That said, the likelihood that teams 2-7 all lose Saturday is very slim.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
This is my first post so hopefully it will be a decent one.

According to the experts the SEC is a line of scrimmage conference. Alabama's Oline is one of the best in the country allowing only 5 sacks with only one of those involving Tua. That ranks us third in the country. LSU, as the chart would indicate, ranks 76th in sacks allowed and what may be worse for LSU is their best pass defender, per the chart, is their center who will have Q Williams to contend with who's having a very productive year.

Defensively our Dline is much better with us ranking 7th in team sacks while LSU is 55th and that's mostly from DB and LB blitzes. Their pass offense at 101st is only slightly better than Miss St and Kentucky neither considered even average passing teams . Our run defense is better than LSU's and while LSU has played some better defenses, Bama's played much better offenses.

The only area where LSU may have some advantage is their secondary but by all the metrics our secondary is just as good but even better at turning interceptions to TD's. We lead them in that category 4 to 1 and interception yardage by a wide margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.