LSU 2018 equals Notre Dame 2012

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
.They have read to many of their own headlines and feel they are up to the task. The talking heads are REACHING for reasons to play them up. We all know how that turned out. Fact this is the best defense we have seen this year, but this is also the best Offense they will see in their lifetime. Their offense has almost no chance of challenging our Defense. Their QB and RB;s are not going to all of a sudden become game busters, this defense my not be our best but still better than any they have seen. I am a Bama homer, and in past games I was worried about LSU to a point. This year I do not see them scoring 14 on us. I also do not see them holding us under 30. Tua is to fast to slippery and to accurate and to cool to get rattled by their defense. This defense is mid pack against the pass in the SEC. Tua leads the NATION in passing. This will be a onesided whipping in Baton Rouge at night like no other in history. They are relying way to much on home field at night to rattle Tua. Sorry but to come in 13 down in NC game and pull out a win shows the stage is never to big for him.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Re: LSU 2018 equals Notre Dame 2011

2012 was yr of the Title game but the season title associated with was 2011 was it not? Or am I off one year. I was referring to the season they were all hyped up all year long. We just did not get them untilthe NC in jan of 2012, I think, I may be wrong,either way you know what I mean.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

as a former athlete i would hope they believed in themselves. I havent seen one prognosticator pick LSU either. Thats the one and only thing in their favor(having no chance) which wont be near enough

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

2012 was yr of the Title game but the season title associated with was 2011 was it not? Or am I off one year. I was referring to the season they were all hyped up all year long. We just did not get them untilthe NC in jan of 2012, I think, I may be wrong,either way you know what I mean.
No, you have it mixed up. It was the 2012 season, 2013 title game.

2011 was the Alabama LSU rematch.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

No, you have it mixed up. It was the 2012 season, 2013 title game.

2011 was the Alabama LSU rematch.
Thanks I stand corrected, forgive me the titles are coming so fast now it is hard to keep them all straight LOL IT is Nicks fault hehe

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
as a former athlete i would hope they believed in themselves. I havent seen one prognosticator pick LSU either. Thats the one and only thing in their favor(having no chance) which wont be near enough
Biggest thing Bama needs to deal with is overconfidence....... let them be overconfident, just go down there and win

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Biggest thing Bama needs to deal with is overconfidence....... let them be overconfident, just go down there and win
As fans we may be WAY over confident, I do not worry about the players, Nick is in their ears everyday. Let the players stay level headed and get it done. ME, as a fan, I am crowing like the morning rooster. Until someone stops us I am not backing down at all. That is the best part of being a fan, we do not have to be rational, fan is short for fanatic. I plan on living up to the name hehe.:biggrin:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Thanks to the mod who fixed my date mistake. I am telling you I cannot keep up with all the titles hehe.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think that is a pretty solid comparison. I was lucky enough to get to go to the ND game. Talking to their fans beforehand (and there were lots of them there) if you tried to actually talk football, it became pretty clear that even the knowledgeable ones weren't pointing to any real xs and os reasons why they would win. A few talked about passing to their (very good) tight end, and loading the box to stop our running game, but otherwise it pretty quickly degenerated to their plans to "call down the thunder" and "win it for the Gipper".

I have noticed the same thing about this game, though I talk to many fewer LSU fans. They think their DBs can stay with our wideouts pretty well and will get several picks, that Burrow can successfully complete short quick passes across the middle to sustain drives, and that their FG kicker and kick return game will get them points while our defense is on the bench. Beyond that (not that I agree with much of it, except the FG part) you start hearing about Baton Rouge at night, Mike the Tiger, the crowd intimidation factor, Tua being "young", blah, blah, blah. Nobody mentioned voodoo or thunder yet, but it sounds about the same.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think that is a pretty solid comparison. I was lucky enough to get to go to the ND game. Talking to their fans beforehand (and there were lots of them there) if you tried to actually talk football, it became pretty clear that even the knowledgeable ones weren't pointing to any real xs and os reasons why they would win. A few talked about passing to their (very good) tight end, and loading the box to stop our running game, but otherwise it pretty quickly degenerated to their plans to "call down the thunder" and "win it for the Gipper".

I have noticed the same thing about this game, though I talk to many fewer LSU fans. They think their DBs can stay with our wideouts pretty well and will get several picks, that Burrow can successfully complete short quick passes across the middle to sustain drives, and that their FG kicker and kick return game will get them points while our defense is on the bench. Beyond that (not that I agree with much of it, except the FG part) you start hearing about Baton Rouge at night, Mike the Tiger, the crowd intimidation factor, Tua being "young", blah, blah, blah. Nobody mentioned voodoo or thunder yet, but it sounds about the same.
The whole “Tua is young” thing is amusing........ some seem to forget he was put in the pressure cooker in January and did well....... when he was still young

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To the topic title's point: maybe but we didn't have to play 2012 Notre Dame at their stadium either.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
.They have read to many of their own headlines and feel they are up to the task. The talking heads are REACHING for reasons to play them up. We all know how that turned out. Fact this is the best defense we have seen this year, but this is also the best Offense they will see in their lifetime. Their offense has almost no chance of challenging our Defense. Their QB and RB;s are not going to all of a sudden become game busters, this defense my not be our best but still better than any they have seen. I am a Bama homer, and in past games I was worried about LSU to a point. This year I do not see them scoring 14 on us. I also do not see them holding us under 30. Tua is to fast to slippery and to accurate and to cool to get rattled by their defense. This defense is mid pack against the pass in the SEC. Tua leads the NATION in passing. This will be a onesided whipping in Baton Rouge at night like no other in history. They are relying way to much on home field at night to rattle Tua. Sorry but to come in 13 down in NC game and pull out a win shows the stage is never to big for him.
If only Devin White had a pretend girlfriend...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.