Poll: We win the toss vs. LSU - offense or defense first and why?

If Bama wins the toss vs. LSU, what should we choose?

• Tua time - take the ball first.

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Defer and let the dogs loose on D first.

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Take the ball and have an extra drive with their LB White stuck on the sideline.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I usually say "defer."

I say take the ball this time because LSU hasn't scored more than 17 points on us since 2010. If Tua takes us right down the field for yet another score (esp with White out of the game), it numbs the crowd very quickly.

If we get the quick turnover (a la Tennessee) as well, we can make it funereal quite early.
Better yet, score on the very first play. That will shut them up quick.

pop11011

Scout Team
Jul 6, 2007
Take the ball....strike early with their #1 player out and take the crowd out of the game early. Second half should not matter.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Defer to the 2nd half.

I have no problem getting the ball first but in this environment I think getting a three and out sets the tone and I always love getting the ball to start the 2nd half.

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I don't think they have the offense to play catch up, so going against what I usually believe, get the ball first. Then again, play D first, 3 and out, then get ahead and get the ball first the second half. Honestly, it really doesn't matter...LOL.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
As many are, I'm also torn on this. Normally, I like to play defense first, but in this case, and the way Tua moves this offense, I would want to score first and someone shut down the crowd.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I think we should take the ball first. If LSU has success on their first possession then it keeps the crowd in it and fires up the LSU players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Being amped up at the beginning of the game, I would suspect it easier to execute on D right out of the shoot. The corndogs will be drunk and rowdy by that time so maybe they won't know how to keep it quite on the first drive. Either way is fine with me but I'd rather have the ball starting off in the second half and that is probably the way Coach will play it.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Being amped up at the beginning of the game, I would suspect it easier to execute on D right out of the shoot. The corndogs will be drunk and rowdy by that time so maybe they won't know how to keep it quite on the first drive. Either way is fine with me but I'd rather have the ball starting off in the second half and that is probably the way Coach will play it.
I was thinking of taking the ball first then it means D White doesn’t get on the field because his offense will be out there to start the second half. Sort of an extension of his penalty [emoji13]

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I'll go with whatever the coaching staff decides. They know much better than I on this. While there's pros and cons both ways, the coaches know more than I do.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I was thinking of taking the ball first then it means D White doesn’t get on the field because his offense will be out there to start the second half. Sort of an extension of his penalty [emoji13]

This is what I was also thinking. I want the ball first, which is against what I would normally do. I want my offense to have as many possessions in the first half as I can get. If the offense executes and has a nice lead, their offense gets the ball first to start the second half with extra pressure on them. If our defense stops them quickly, our offense gets the ball with a chance to put the game away.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think we will get the ball 1st no matter what.....

If they win the toss they will put us on offense 1st because they seem to think their defense is on par with a combo of the '85 Bears front 7 and 2013 Seattle Seahawks Secondary.

If we win the toss we KNOW we can score a quick 7 right off the bat 1st drive (We've done it all year) and put the pressure on them to answer back before they get in a deeper whole.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.