Poll: We win the toss vs. LSU - offense or defense first and why?

If Bama wins the toss vs. LSU, what should we choose?

• Tua time - take the ball first.

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Defer and let the dogs loose on D first.

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA
Defer to give D chance at keeping us in good field position early and possible points. Get ball in second half, again control field position, and add points.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I would take the ball. That gives our offense more opportunities with White in the locker room and gives us the wind in the 4th quarter.

Anyone else having trouble sleeping? I’m too amped up already.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Haven't read all the responses and this has probably already been said:

CNS is known to defer in big games...but if I recall correctly, we've taken the ball in every game we've won the toss this year.

CNS often defers in big games because normally our defense is our strength. But, even though our defense is not chopped liver, there's no question our strength this year is offense.
Combine that with getting another/more series while White is out...TAKE THE BALL and put it in Tua's hands as early as possible!

And, I say this is true even if they stop of from scoring on our first drive! It gives us a chance to see how they are playing us and more time to adjust.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Another reason NOT to give them the ball is the worst thing that can happen: What if they score on us and take the lead? That will light the crowd up MORE than stopping our offense if we take the ball first.

Either way, it excites the crowd, but they'll draw more momentum from scoring and getting a quick lead than they would from making us punt. JMO.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was thinking of taking the ball first then it means D White doesn’t get on the field because his offense will be out there to start the second half. Sort of an extension of his penalty [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hadn't even thought about that...add it to the reasons to GO ON OFFENSE!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think LSU Will be very aggressive on offense. If they get a lead, that crowd will be absolutely crazy. Orgeron has already called this the battle for Louisiana. I look for big shots down the field early on, because this isn’t a Les miles coached team. For that reason, we need an Early score. Quiet the crowd some.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
BOL is reporting this:

"Alabama coach Nick Saban was asked his decision concerning the coin toss before Saturday’s game between the No. 1 Crimson Tide and No. 3 LSU, and he provided a hilarious answer.

'To be honest with you, I hope we elect to kick ..., is what I hope we do,' Saban said."

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Take the ball and give it to Tua.

Take advantage of Devin White being out for the first half.

And take the crowd outta the game early...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
BOL is reporting this:

"Alabama coach Nick Saban was asked his decision concerning the coin toss before Saturday’s game between the No. 1 Crimson Tide and No. 3 LSU, and he provided a hilarious answer.

'To be honest with you, I hope we elect to kick ..., is what I hope we do,' Saban said."
Yep, said it on Hey Coach Thursday eve.

Gotta love it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.