BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
"...but they do it the right way and don't cheat."

[rant]

Brian: Thanks for acknowledging that last part but I'm curious as to what "business plan" we do differently? We graduate players at a high rate in real degrees, so I'm not exactly sure of your point.

Are you saying we take guys who you don't take because you think you're God's gift to Higher Education? Maybe you should change your mission to help those who didn't grow up going to privileged schools with tutors and private chauffeurs taking them to their boarding schools. Maybe you recruit guys who have made-up girlfriends instead of guys who want to dominate the competition and make them quit.

Maybe we're tired of hearing about Notre Dame's "uniqueness" and are looking forward playing you again. My guess is the outcome would be worse for you than the first time.

Just in case it's not clear... I HATE NOTRE DAME... and you should too.

[/rant]

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Brian Kelly payed Nick and Bama a big compliment

On game day when asked about Nick and Bama he said Nick does it the right way. Asked if he wanted rematch in CFP with Bama for 2012, he said be careful what you ask for. he seemed to realize that you really do not want to ask for that LOL. he was very gracious and said on a given day ND could be the best team on that day. I think he realizes ND could win a NC but they are not the BEST team out there. I like a coach who is HONEST. He seems very Honest about his own team. I really like how he said Nick does not cheat he wins the right way. I think that was a shot to the few that accuse us of cheating to be so good. Nick is my favorite coaches but there are some really good coaches out there. Between him and Coach O I have new respect for them, and Stoops at UK, he is a realist but optimistic. Maybe Malzahn and Meyer could take a page from these guys books. Be honest, people like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Re: Brian Kelly on ESPN Gameday: "Alabama has a different business plan ..."

JINX just posted the same above LOL you owe me a coke LOL. I think by business plan he meant Nicks undying drive to win Titles, not just win most games. Kelly does not live and die football like Nick, I think that was what he was eluding to. He seemed to show a deep respect for Nick and his drive for perfection. I hate ND but I have a new respect for Kelly, like after the title game and he said he realized they were a good ways from being a top contender. Guy is honest and real, I can respect that.

Last edited:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

JINX just posted the same above LOL you owe me a coke LOL
merged (and changed "Chip" to "Brian" in your title) :)

I also don't think you heard his snide remark in the same way I did :D

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

[rant]

Brian: Thanks for acknowledging that last part but I'm curious as to what "business plan" we do differently? We graduate players at a high rate in real degrees, so I'm not exactly sure of your point.

Are you saying we take guys who you don't take because you think you're God's gift to Higher Education? Maybe you should change your mission to help those who didn't grow up going to privileged schools with tutors and private chauffeurs taking them to their boarding schools. Maybe you recruit guys who have made-up girlfriends instead of guys who want to dominate the competition and make them quit.

Maybe we're tired of hearing about Notre Dame's "uniqueness" and are looking forward playing you again. My guess is the outcome would be worse for you than the first time.

[/rant]
The meaning was a bit obscure but I thought he was probably referring to their vaunted "academic standard" argument. I thought it was funny when asked if he wanted to play Bama again and he replied "Be careful what you wish for"... :D

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

merged (and changed "Chip" to "Brian" in your title) :)

I also don't think you heard his snide remark in the same way I did :D
It is all good, I think Brian ( get the names messed up all the time lOL) and urban have a business plan like many companies to be good in their market and do well, Nick wants to be Walmart and own the country and do better than all others.;)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

[rant]

[/rant]
THIS is a great post.

And yeah, that poorly concealed shot at our academic institution made him look like a big baby...

I believe he said it was 3 or 4 years before he could actually watch the NCG beatdown.

He probably still wakes up at night hearing Musburgface wistfully proclaiming "And Eddie Lacy scores another touchdown for Alabama..."

What a tool...

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

The meaning was a bit obscure but I thought he was probably referring to their vaunted "academic standard" argument. I thought it was funny when asked if he wanted to play Bama again and he replied "Be careful what you wish for"... :D
I think there's no doubt that's what he was saying with that stupid condescending tone he ALWAYS has even as he said Saban doesn't cheat. Thanks Brian. We appreciate your superior viewpoint.

What a tool...
Exactly.

Go Northwestern.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

Didn't he also make a comment during the 2012 NCG (with his end of 1st half interview) that went something like 'Maybe they won't come out for the 2nd half.' ? An attempt at humble humor?

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017

IIRCows correctly in the NCG, ND couldn't pass or run in the game, and they followed that up by not tackling well either...

But Te'o's GF, what a heck of a cheerleader she was...That I remember....

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

IIRCows correctly in the NCG, ND couldn't pass or run in the game, and they followed that up by not tackling well either...

her NON face is still on a milk carton bahahahahahahaha She must have gone sailing in the bermuda triangle LOL

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers

[rant]

[/rant]
Preach my brother..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Guys, I know Brian Kelly. I mean, I know him personally. He is an absolute tool. He is all about Brian Kelly. He will walk over anyone to accomplish his goals. He publicly throws his coaches and players under the bus when things are not going well. So, when he has something positive to say about anyone but himself, it is never going to be straight forward praise. He just doesn't have it in him. He fits in perfectly at ND. Garbage school, garbage head coach.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I thought he spoke pretty highly and respectfully of Alabama and Coach Saban. I have no problems with his comments. If you don't think it's true that ND has different academic standards than Alabama you're out of touch with reality.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

I thought he spoke pretty highly and respectfully of Alabama and Coach Saban. I have no problems with his comments. If you don't think it's true that ND has different academic standards than Alabama you're out of touch with reality.
Never said anything about standards not being different but HE stated that we have a different “business model ... but don’t cheat.”

Feeling good about your mighty academics is all great and everything until you use it as an excuse (implicitly) for why you’re recruiting players with fake girlfriends who probably make good grades. Go play the Ivy’s if you wanna live in that world, Brian.

I’m fine with our “business model” and how enhanced our overall academics have become over the last 30 years. Kelly was dissin’ Bama’s academics with a compliment to CNS that was backhanded to Bama.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Memories of part of that game dim, but not the bit about Te'o girlfriend. Or the mental image of watching us run over Te'o. I'm another guy who has never had any use for ND.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.