Good, bad, ugly: L8U edition

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Look at the box score on penalties and then remember they declined about four...
Reminds me of the bowl game against MSU, Upshaw (IIRC)complained to the ref that he was being held on every play and the ref replied something to the effect that “why are you complaining? It’s not keeping you out of their backfield” or something like that.
I’m old school purist - when hands/arms holding an opponent are outside of their torso areas, it’s holding period.
It’s why I quit watching basketball years ago - the bigger and stronger players don’t need more of an advantage than they already have, call the foul/throw the flag.
I see a correlation in the world we live in where rules are for fools. It’s win at any cost and it doesn’t matter how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
On the way home from work I was wondering why we as Bama fans complain about officiating. We were up in this game and lsu was never going to come back. But then I realized why....we have been victims of calls/no calls that have directly affected the outcomes of multiple games. I know there are some that like to say penalties dont cause you to lose a game but I disagree.
I'm sure everyone here remembers "the push". Bama vs lsu, Bama's driving we throw into the endzone in the last few minutes of the game, the lsu defender pushes our wide receiver to the ground and then intercepts the ball. Ball game over.
Then there was the kick 6. Alabama vs au....Alabama has a one touchdown lead and au has the ball. The au qb rolls to the left like he is going to run. The Bama defenders playing off their keys, one of which is linemen downfield, believe this to be a run. The cb comes up to make a tackle, au's wide receiver is wide open, catches the pass, and goes in for the tying score. Bama attempts an ill advised fg and au runs it back. Should have never happened. Offensive lineman was 5-7 yards down field but again a no call cost Bama the game and a shot at another National title.
Alabama vs Clemson NCG Bama leads most of the game with Clemson scoring one TD on a obvious pick play and then the go ahead game winning Td on a super obvious encyclopedia definition of a pick play. Again Bama loses because of a no call. These were game changing noncalls. Kinda made me realize why we dislike non calls so much.
I dont care if calling penalties slow a game down I want it called correctly. People on here have posted the stats that show Bama is treated unfairly. It's their JOB to call a game correctly. Have the goodies to do your job right.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
ugly - tua's brother walking around stadium with LSU coach. what's that about? O's coaching a team trying to beat your brother's brains out and you're walking around with a big grin like you're somebody. didn't appreciate that shot at all.
Ogre must not have gotten the word that the dad makes the decisions.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
GOOD.... Tua and Damien
BAD....... LSU lack of offense
UGLY...... Cheap shot on Tua, and Non Targeting Call with (cheap shot) to Ruggs.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Kids just enjoying the recruiting process. He may well not want to come to Bama, like Ridleys brother. Wants to make a name for himself elsewhere. Heck, that may be what the whole family wants

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Calvin told his brother to look at other schools, I'll give you one guess why....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
On the off chance that you are not being sarcastic and forgot the blue font, his initials are JH.
Oh. Ok. I wasn't being sarcastic. I've only been awake 20 seconds and the brain no work good yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.