Notre Dame shouldn't be in the playoffs.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
If Notre Dame goes 11-1 and gets left out for a 12-1 Michigan that they beat head to head (feels very possible to me) I think that might make them more interested in joining a conference.

They're gonna need to go undefeated to get in, IMO.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
ND wins out Bama wins out we are in, but can anyone tell me how 2 loss UGA or 2 Loss LSU are not better teams than ND. See my post above their schedule is a joke and they barely beat lousy teams. LSU and UGA would kill ND but undefeated ND will get in and get killed as usual. They never learn, ND is UCF undefeated means little when the wins are close to lousy teams. NO WAY hey are one of the top 4 teams in nation. Put them in, they get curb stomped first game bank it. They are not in Bama Clemson Uga or LSU's league.
Wins and losses count more than eye test.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
ND wins out Bama wins out we are in, but can anyone tell me how 2 loss UGA or 2 Loss LSU are not better teams than ND. See my post above their schedule is a joke and they barely beat lousy teams. LSU and UGA would kill ND but undefeated ND will get in and get killed as usual. They never learn, ND is UCF undefeated means little when the wins are close to lousy teams. NO WAY hey are one of the top 4 teams in nation. Put them in, they get curb stomped first game bank it. They are not in Bama Clemson Uga or LSU's league.
Eh, I think Notre Dame could easily beat LSU. They beat them in the bowl game last year.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Pecking order:

1. SEC Champ 1 loss or undefeated
2. Clemson undefeated
3. ND undefeated
4. Big 10 champ 1 loss
5. WVU/OU 1 loss
6. 1 loss SEC non champ
7. WSU 1 loss
8. UCF undefeated
Real question is where a 1 loss ND falls on this list.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Better question is why is UCF even in the discussion!?

Sent from my iPad[emoji208]
They're not. Committee made that clear when they put them 12th.

The best argument for UCF is simply that they haven't lost in two years and there should be carryover -- based on this years schedule they have played NOBODY.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am pretty biased when it comes to 2 teams that I really dislike (ND and UM), but they have both played like they deserve to be in the CFP at this point. UM will likely win out :( and make the playoff. Not sure how you leave an undefeated ND that beat UM out. But I remain ever hopeful that both will stumble.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Better question is why is UCF even in the discussion!?

Sent from my iPad[emoji208]
UCF is getting a lot of mileage out of beating an uninspired AU team that was missing their best offensive and defensive player that simply didn't want to be there. AU had their Utah moment after a disappointing end to their season and UCF's anklebiter program is reaping the benefits. Nothing more.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Wins and losses count more than eye test.
EYE test my eye let ND in playoff, the beating they take is all the eye test anyone needs. Sorry but that cream puff schedule and barely beating those creampuffs do not make a top 4 team no way no how. I hope they get in, then watch them get beat down like in 2013 against us. YOUR EYE test will show you, they are not a top caliber team by any standard you come up with. WOW a win over Michigan, a team we all have eye tested for last 4 yrs not even win their division. Bring em on, real teams will kill them and expose them as has been the case for decades now.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Eh, I think Notre Dame could easily beat LSU. They beat them in the bowl game last year.
Last years teams are not this years team and we all know bowl games are not playoffs or games that count to get to CFP. If not in the CFP most teams do not care, a bowl win gets you NOTHING. Plus no team this year is same as last yrs team. Every yr in college is way different with guys leaving and coming in. Rosters change a lot yr to yr. 1 thing that does not change ND is way overated

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
EYE test my eye let ND in playoff, the beating they take is all the eye test anyone needs. Sorry but that cream puff schedule and barely beating those creampuffs do not make a top 4 team no way no how. I hope they get in, then watch them get beat down like in 2013 against us. YOUR EYE test will show you, they are not a top caliber team by any standard you come up with. WOW a win over Michigan, a team we all have eye tested for last 4 yrs not even win their division. Bring em on, real teams will kill them and expose them as has been the case for decades now.
I'm not really sure what you're arguing here. You think LSU (who lost 29-0 to us last night) "passes the eye test" ahead of Notre Dame so they should make the playoff instead? We should have rematches against two loss SEC teams we've already blown out instead of matches against other undefeated teams because your "eye test" tells you they're better?

You have to realize this makes you sound like a totally delusional SEC homer right?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Last years teams are not this years team and we all know bowl games are not playoffs or games that count to get to CFP. If not in the CFP most teams do not care, a bowl win gets you NOTHING. Plus no team this year is same as last yrs team. Every yr in college is way different with guys leaving and coming in. Rosters change a lot yr to yr. 1 thing that does not change ND is way overated
You literally said in your last post that Michigan's record over the last four years should determine how they're perceived.

rollntider

All-SEC
Jun 10, 2001
Bessemer AL 35023
www.blindsideblitz.com
Why does notre Dame get a pass from playing in a conference? In 2011 and 2017 the gripe about Bama was they played one less game than conference champions and did not win their conference. Notice 2012 no one said that about Notre Dame.
Notre Dame always has one less game and is not a conference champ. But because it was Bama(anyteam really) that was an issue and Notre Dame gets a pass. If the media and such want to cry about a conference champ having to be in the playoffs then that should be a requirement.

2001 when Nebraska played for the title people were crying then also saying they didnt win their conference. Again no one says it about Notre Dame.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Why does notre Dame get a pass from playing in a conference? In 2011 and 2017 the gripe about Bama was they played one less game than conference champions and did not win their conference. Notice 2012 no one said that about Notre Dame.
Notre Dame always has one less game and is not a conference champ. But because it was Bama(anyteam really) that was an issue and Notre Dame gets a pass. If the media and such want to cry about a conference champ having to be in the playoffs then that should be a requirement.

2001 when Nebraska played for the title people were crying then also saying they didnt win their conference. Again no one says it about Notre Dame.
Notre Dame was undefeated in 2012, Bama was not. That's the difference.

They get a pass for not having to play 13 games but they're also effectively required to go undefeated to get in which other teams are not. There's no way an 11-1 ND gets over a 12-1 conference champ.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What are you arguing?!?! You asked why ND would get in over better teams, and I gave you an answer why. The eye test doesn't trump wins and losses. ND will have MORE WINS THAN UGA AND LSU.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Why does notre Dame get a pass from playing in a conference? .
3 letters... N-B-C

In 2011 and 2017 the gripe about Bama was they played one less game than conference champions and did not win their conference. Notice 2012 no one said that about Notre Dame.
Similar but not similar. The issue was 2 SEC teams in the NC, not 2 NDs. Folks look at ND as a separate conference.

People were crying because Nebraska had no business being in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.