Notre Dame shouldn't be in the playoffs.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Clemson 30 Notre Dame 3

I rest my case.

The end result does not prove whether Notre Dame belonged in the playoff.

It was a four-team playoff, they're an undefeated Power 5 team. They might be the ninth or tenth best team in the country at most, but that has nothing to do with whether their selection was just or not.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
But are they really a Power 5 team? That is the real question.
The end result does not prove whether Notre Dame belonged in the playoff.

It was a four-team playoff, they're an undefeated Power 5 team. They might be the ninth or tenth best team in the country at most, but that has nothing to do with whether their selection was just or not.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we go independent in football what do we do with our other sports?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Can we drop this crap “4 best” because it clearly isn’t. If it was 4 best then it would’ve been:

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. UGA
4. Who cares

ND and Oklahoma were of the most “deserving”, but they didn’t belong in the “4 best” category in any way you put it.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Can we drop this crap “4 best” because it clearly isn’t. If it was 4 best then it would’ve been:

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. UGA
4. Who cares

ND and Oklahoma were of the most “deserving”, but they didn’t belong in the “4 best” category in any way you put it.
This is only opinion that UGA is one of the four best. I don't think they are. You can say that over and over, but that doesn't make it accurate. UGA is one of the most talented teams, but that also doesn't make them one of the best. For me, what happens on the field matters more than who has the most four and five star players. You can point to one game against a really good Clemson squad to say that Notre Dame didn't belong, but nobody else was able to beat them this year. They lost by 27 to a 14-0 Clemson team that is playing for the national title. UGA lost by 20 to a three loss LSU and to us. I know many keep saying that UGA is one of the four best teams. I'm not sure what that is based on other than the infamous "eye test", but it isn't based on the results of the games. UGA had their chances and didn't take advantage of them. Better luck next year, Bulldogs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is only opinion that UGA is one of the four best. I don't think they are. You can say that over and over, but that doesn't make it accurate. UGA is one of the most talented teams, but that also doesn't make them one of the best. For me, what happens on the field matters more than who has the most four and five star players. You can point to one game against a really good Clemson squad to say that Notre Dame didn't belong, but nobody else was able to beat them this year. They lost by 27 to a 14-0 Clemson team that is playing for the national title. UGA lost by 20 to a three loss LSU and to us. I know many keep saying that UGA is one of the four best teams. I'm not sure what that is based on other than the infamous "eye test", but it isn't based on the results of the games. UGA had their chances and didn't take advantage of them. Better luck next year, Bulldogs.
All this post says “ most deserving”. Way to prove my point while trying to disagree with me.

Best means best. Deserving doesn’t mean best. UGA wasn’t the latter, but without a shadow of a doubt was the former. Notre Dame should’ve lost to Vandy and USC. UGA destroyed Vandy and would’ve most certainly killed USC. Give UGA Notre Dame’s or Oklahoma’s schedule and they are undefeated, but give ND or Oklahoma UGA’s schedule and you can’t tell me either would be in the playoff with less than 2 losses.

UGA is one of the 4 best teams, Oklahoma might be, and Notre Dame is clearly not.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Hindsight is always 20/20. Georgia didn’t deserve to be in. If they were one of the four best teams then they don’t lose by 20 to LSU. I don’t think Georgia has an argument. Ohio State either.

I wish Notre Dame was in a conference but they’re not. They played a legit schedule loaded with Power 5 teams and won all their games. They had no way of knowing that some of the teams on the schedule would have a down year, just like when Bama scheduled Louisville there was no way to know they would be hot garbage this year.

Everyone who is clamoring for better semifinal games needs to realize that no matter who you match up there’s no guarantee of a very competitive game for 4 quarters. All the games can’t be Georgia versus Oklahoma from last year. You just can’t guarantee that.

The current system isn’t perfect, but I think the committee made the right decision and has the right four teams in the playoffs this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.