Notre Dame shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
... until they join a conference with a championship game.

Their arrogance about this should be used as punishment.

:BigA: :biga2: :biga:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I want to beat them like a rented mule again in CFP

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Disagree. They are playing the circuit of bad teams this year (lots of acc) with sprinklings of decent in there (Michigan, USC, Stanford, Northwestern).

If they go undefeated, they can go. They will always get a special pass regarding the rankings (as in they will always start the season ranked.)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Nonsense. If we lose to UGA in the SECCG, the whole nation will want us out despite beating #3 LSU in BR.
ND won one big game, first game, and now think they deserve a bye.
Then who deserves it?

Michigan? Nope they lost to ND

OU? Nope they lost to a bad Texas team

UGA? Nope they lost to a team that we just beat by 4 tds on the road during a shutout

WVU? Nope they lost to Iowa St

UCF? I guess the only other undefeated team besides us and Clemson, but if you are seriously arguing for them over ND then you might be on something.

Point is they deserve to be where they are, and no matter the hatred you have for them you cant justify why they shouldn't while being undefeated.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Nonsense. If we lose to UGA in the SECCG, the whole nation will want us out despite beating #3 LSU in BR.
ND won one big game, first game, and now think they deserve a bye.
I agree their schedule is not that big a deal, no conference title game. But let them in and let us play them, we will expose their smoke and mirror ranking like we did last time they made CFP. Imagine the score with Tua ripping that big slow defense. Could set a playoff record that would never fall. Also let us play Michigan, same result, they would be exposed and shown to be way below playoff caliber team.

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
Then who deserves it?
Michigan? Nope they lost to ND
OU? Nope they lost to a bad Texas team
UGA? Nope they lost to a team that we just beat by 4 tds on the road during a shutout
WVU? Nope they lost to Iowa St
UCF? I guess the only other undefeated team besides us and Clemson, but if you are seriously arguing for them over ND then you might be on something.
Point is they deserve to be where they are, and no matter the hatred you have for them you cant justify why they shouldn't while being undefeated.
I understand, but think about where an added game leaves conference champions. They face additional injuries and might lose their quality record by playing. WV and OK likely will play twice; last game of the year, then the following week. How's that fair? We play a UGA team that would be in the playoffs except for the SECCG.

LET NOTRE DAME PLAY UCF!! The winner can play Ohio State in the Bham Bowl. LOL

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I understand, but think about where an added game leaves conference champions. They face additional injuries and might lose their quality record by playing. WV and OK likely will play twice; last game of the year, then the following week. How's that fair? We play a UGA team that would be in the playoffs except for the SECCG.

At least then ND can say they beat a NC team UCF bahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha]

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

If you are arguing against ND because of fairness then Alabama had no business in the playoff last year.

Aside from the possibility of undefeated Alabama and Clemson, ND undefeated will finish with the same amount of wins as any P5 champ.

Lets look at possibilities:

Big 10: probably in

Michigan 12-1: loss over ND best win tOSU
tOSU 12-1: loss to PURDUE and best win to Michigan

Big 12: probably hoping for chaos

OU: 12-1 loss to Texas best win(s) vs WVU
WVU:12-1 loss to Iowa St best win(s) vs OU

Pac 12: probably out

WSU 12-1: loss to USC best win Utah

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Yes they do. Let them in. I believe they deserve to be in because they play big boy football. Now, them being a great team is debatable.
Really Ball St Vandy Wake Forest Pitt Navy Northwestern........ Those are BIG BOY TEAMS, in what football universe do you live in. I know our schedule is not stellar but they play nobodies and other than 21 pt win on navy won by 10 or less on others, sorry JBAMA that is not big boy football, that in mediocre football. Bama, Clemson are big boy teams and would win by 30 on all those teams on a bad day. Your definition and my definition of BIG BOY football are miles apart. Most mid pack SEC teams could win out with that schedule.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
... until they join a conference with a championship game.

Their arrogance about this should be used as punishment.

:BigA: :biga2: :biga:

We are the last fanbase on the planet that needs to be talking about winning your conference. The absolute last.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If ND goes undefeated they should be in the playoff unless there are four other undefeated teams. Then it would be up to the CFP. Look, say what you want to but Notre Dame has played a pretty good schedule of P5 teams, unlike UCF, Boise and their ilk.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I’ve got no problem with them in the playoffs. Hope Bama gets them in the first round. It will be like having a bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they do. Let them in. I believe they deserve to be in because they play big boy football. Now, them being a great team is debatable.
Really Ball St Vandy Wake Forest Pitt Navy Northwestern........ Those are BIG BOY TEAMS, in what football universe do you live in. I know our schedule is not stellar but they play nobodies and other than 21 pt win on navy won by 10 or less on others, sorry JBAMA that is not big boy football, that in mediocre football. Bama, Clemson are big boy teams and would win by 30 on all those teams on a bad day. Your definition and my definition of BIG BOY football are miles apart. Most mid pack SEC teams could win out with that schedule.
I feel you. What I am trying to say is this. Yes, the schedule is weak. Though I know they would get cream by us and Clemson, and possible UK, they aren’t playing UCF’s schedule or something like that. They did beat Michigan and NW isn’t an easy place to play. They aren’t playing Sam Houston State each week.

Sent from my iPad[emoji208]

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
I’ve got no problem with them in the playoffs. Hope Bama gets them in the first round. It will be like having a bye.
That's my boy!!
I'd be very happy to play them. I haven't forgiven them for the 1966 b.s.
But until they join the ACC as they claim, and play Clemson (now picture that), they should sit.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If ND goes undefeated they should be in the playoff unless there are four other undefeated teams. Then it would be up to the CFP. Look, say what you want to but Notre Dame has played a pretty good schedule of P5 teams, unlike UCF, Boise and their ilk.
Here are their wins 2018 and the opponents win loss, this is GOOD? Really? Thy bash bama for our weak schedule , read this and tell me how it is any better if not worse...... Mich 8-1 Ball St 3-7 Vandy 4-5 Wake Forst 4-4 Stanford 5-4 Virg Tech 4-4 Pitt 5-4 Navy 2-7 Northwestern 5-4 Their opponents combine win loss 40-41 a over all losing record, OH yeah they rock, and they did not even bury these cream puffs most were with in 10 or so points, that is a top 4 team? You been watching to much ESPN and NBC notre dame propaganda. This team is not as good as the 2012 ND that we killed. For full disclosure our opponents are 39-42 1 game worse but most are SEC teams who we all know are better than ball st and wake forest, and play better teams, but lets be fair here. If our schedule is weak then so is ND's and lets call a spade a spade. 1 big difference is we killed our weak opponents and our strong ones. ND barely beats those losers.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Pecking order:

1. SEC Champ 1 loss or undefeated
2. Clemson undefeated
3. ND undefeated
4. Big 10 champ 1 loss
5. WVU/OU 1 loss
6. 1 loss SEC non champ
7. WSU 1 loss
8. UCF undefeated

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
ND wins out Bama wins out we are in, but can anyone tell me how 2 loss UGA or 2 Loss LSU are not better teams than ND. See my post above their schedule is a joke and they barely beat lousy teams. LSU and UGA would kill ND but undefeated ND will get in and get killed as usual. They never learn, ND is UCF undefeated means little when the wins are close to lousy teams. NO WAY hey are one of the top 4 teams in nation. Put them in, they get curb stomped first game bank it. They are not in Bama Clemson Uga or LSU's league.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.