Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    If past is prologue, we will win but by fewer points than we should. There's likely to be an emotional letdown after that intensity last night.

MSU has a very good defensive line, secondary is mediocre.

Our best asset is the fact that their offense really isn't very good at all.

Look at these point totals for MSU's offense:
    UK - 7
    UF - 6
    LSU - 3

Their offensive stats are inflated by games like last night (45) and 63 points versus SFA.

We'll win, but I'm glad it's home, and it's gonna be closer than folks think (most likely).
    I agree...............I think Bama wins, but much closer than any other game. Thankfully, even though Bama has some injuries, they aren't season ending, and I think Nick will preach this week about a letdown. Being at home is certainly a plus..............

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

We usually are beat up after the LSU game and donít put up as many points. So...34-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go by Sagarin's numbers (which have only started bing truly relevant in the last few weeks as the data piled up), Bama should be win by 21.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    LSU had probably the weakest Dline that we have faced in SEC play this year. I think MSU has Mizzou's dline with a better secondary. I think we score more on them than we did on LSU because its at home and Fitz cant throw.
    Itís possible that you are right. Unless they have a better secondary than LSU this game should be a route.

Sent from my iPad

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

All you have to do is look at the burning hulks littering the side of the road to the CFP to see this game is not a lock. Oklahoma stumbled with an inferior Texas and Iowa State somehow upset W Virginia. Purdue KO'd tOSU. Somehow Wash St let a four loss USC upset them. Georgia went into Death Valley and actually played dead. So Ö.. I am not calling a lock on MSU.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    If we stop their 3 plays, and score at will then it will be a walk in the park. I think as an overall defense they are probably the best we will, and have faced all year.
    I agree - I think that their defense is better than LSU's defense. They are winning without an offense. I mean, they have no offense. None. So their defense has been pushed like no other in the SEC.

Alabama wins easily because MSU may not score in the game, but I worry about injuries when facing 2 defenses like this in back-to-back games.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

This is not a Mullen-coached Mississippi State team and Dave Aranda isn't their defensive coordinator...

Their defensive line will be able to cause us some problems from time to time but, overall, our offensive line will hold their own and our receivers will be able to get open on a regular basis.

On the other side, the way our front seven is playing their offense will have all the traction of a tricycle with its front wheel suspended in a mud puddle.

This one's going to get ugly.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Uh no, we have played down a few times. And I'm not a pessimist. But we have looked flat more than a few times against MSU after the LSU game.

IF we are decently healthy and IF we are focused I'll say it's a 42-10 type game. If injuries affect us and our guys are mentally exhausted from this game then 30-17ish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Agreed, not sure what games RT27 has been watching...

BamaNation First Team

I was worried about this game earlier in the season, because it follows L8U. However, I think last nights victory was easier than the normal LSU game.

Defense should be fresh, plus the starters haven’t played full games most of the season.

So, I am now thinking this will be an easy win at home. Roll Tide!

I think we win big. Whether Tua plays into the 2nd half will be more a factor of how healthy Jalen is. I imagine we would have seen Jalen last night if he had been able to come in. I expect a physical game, but I think our offense will score on them and our defense will shut them down.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I am having trouble assessing MSU's secondary because they have not played a quality passing attack this season. They're 4th in the nation at pass efficiency defense, top 20 in rush defense, top 40 in sacks, and top 20 in tackles for loss. I happen to think that they're a more lively opposition to our offense than LSU's defense who got slightly oversold by the media over the previous two weeks. They have at least two NFL starters on their DL and the back seven has been solid this year. They're a better defensive unit overall when you consider all three levels than LSU who is really only A+ in the secondary and B quality in the front seven.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

My theory on short-circuiting our offense is being able to cover like LSU could but with at least 1 elite pass rusher who can heat up Tua without having to rush 5 or 6. MSU may be that defense but I'm not sure how to interpret their back end on defense due to competition.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Our offense is banged up and MSU defense is capable, but this is going to be what we saw last night - part 2.

MSU offense is pretty one dimensional...think we'll dominate them on defense. Offense will do their part. I could see this being a game where Tua doesn't play again in the 4th quarter as we go back to the friendly confines of BDS.