Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

Bama 39 (3 missed XPs)
    State 0

One dimensional teams get crushed by Saban
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

On the secondary of MSU...they have “padded” stats because three of their SEC games have been against three of the worst four passing offenses in the SEC (with MSU rounding out the four).
    And just to show how bad the passing offenses in the SEC are, A&M is ranked fourth.
    Not sold on their secondary - they aren’t as good as the who crew, and I don’t think it’s close.
    DL is another story but we’ll find out how deep they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

If the DL is as good as we think it'll be good on good with our OL.

If their DBs are their weak link, I could see Tua lighting them up with some quick hitters and slants and then they'll have a bunch of YAC.

Credit to LSU..we hit a bunch like this but they tackled well enough to limit YAC. Can MSU?

BamaNation All-SEC

Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA;3311457..this game should be a [b
    route[/b].
    To where?

I think after the scare at Starkville last season the team will not be looking past MSU in any way. We may not win by as a much as some think but I'd say something in the area of 17 points. LSU scored 19 against their defense so we should score at least 30+. They won't score 30 on us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    I think after the scare at Starkville last season the team will not be looking past MSU in any way. We may not win by as a much as some think but I'd say something in the area of 17 points. LSU scored 19 against their defense so we should score at least 30+. They won't score 30 on us.
    Not sure but I think LSU scored only one TD on a turnover deep in MSU territory.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation All-SEC

This team damn near beat us last year and a lot of the same players return for them. I hope our guys are ready to go. Glad it's at Bryant Denny.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Not sure but I think LSU scored only one TD on a turnover deep in MSU territory.

Correct. LSU had several long drives from my memory but none resulted in more than a FGA.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Second Team

“Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?”

RAT 🐀 POISON! You would be running stadiums till you puked if you were a player. No need to disrespect another team. I’ve watched Mississippi State play Bama for 56 years, and they’ve been able to make the game uncomfortably close to a better Alabama team several times; and beat Alabama in 1980, 1986, 2006, and 2007.

BamaNation First Team Let's Roll, Tide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 78Alum View Post
    I think we win big. Whether Tua plays into the 2nd half will be more a factor of how healthy Jalen is. I imagine we would have seen Jalen last night if he had been able to come in. I expect a physical game, but I think our offense will score on them and our defense will shut them down.
    I'd love to see Mac get some playing time. What are his chances with Jalen still being on the mend?
    "Not everyone can be like Alabama"-response from my Georgia Tech brother-in-law to my sister when she asked him why they did not list the REST of Georgia's National Championships on the sign at Sanford Stadium in Athens.

FB|BB Moderator

This is a tough one. For reasons already cited, I just don't think MSU can score unless we help them. They're even more one-dimensional than LSU. Stop Fitzgerald's run game, and you stop them. I think we can handle that.

But as many have already mentioned, we're banged up on offense -- Ruggs, Smith, N. Harris, Jalen, Tua for sure, and the list is probably longer than that. And for maybe the first time, I don't think Saban is being forthcoming on a topic. Regardless of Saban's statements to the contrary, Tua's leg is clearly not 100%.

I'd love to see Jalen play, starting in the second quarter. But he was in a boot before pre-game warmups, and would have played only in an emergency against LSU. So there's just no way he'll be good to go a week later. Which means Mac Jones is the backup for the second week in a row, and I just don't think he's ready for no-fooling playing time outside of mop-up duty. All of that to say that Tua probably plays longer than any of us would like, and every snap exposes that knee another time.

Plus, it's hard to reach an emotional peak two games in a row. Point being, the point spread opened at 24, and has already moved to 26. I don't think we'll be meaningfully pushed as far as winning the game, but would be moderately surprised if we cover that.

With Citadel coming the following week, I could see us looking ahead to Auburn. By the way, it will be interesting to see how we moderate the emotion for the barn. On the one hand, we want a little payback for last year, so I don't see focus and emotion as being an issue. On the other, UGA awaits only a week later, and we need a full tank for them, too.

Two years of this [***censored***] injury bug is getting old.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; November 5th, 2018 at 06:31 AM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Bama 39
    MSU 9

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

History has been that MSU would rather win the fight than the game...I hope we can win without any more injuries...
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead