Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    On the secondary of MSU...they have ďpaddedĒ stats because three of their SEC games have been against three of the worst four passing offenses in the SEC (with MSU rounding out the four).
    And just to show how bad the passing offenses in the SEC are, A&M is ranked fourth.
    Not sold on their secondary - they arenít as good as the who crew, and I donít think itís close.
    DL is another story but weíll find out how deep they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good analysis. Their DL is very good and very deep - much better than LSU's. It is the best Bama will play until possibly Michigan and/or Clemson. As you imply their secondary is not nearly equal to LSU's. They held LSU to 239 yds of total offense. Their 4 ints killed them.
    Last edited by BamaInBham; November 5th, 2018 at 10:31 AM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

With any opponent that is somewhat competitive with Bama, the answer to your question depends on the officiating crew. MSU will be somewhat competitive. I'm guessing Bama covers the spread.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    With any opponent that is somewhat competitive with Bama, the answer to your question depends on the officiating crew. MSU will be somewhat competitive. I'm guessing Bama covers the spread.
    If I was a bettor then I would stay the hell away from this game. MSU loves to eat the clock and we might see more punts this week than we did vs LSU.

On the flip side you canít feel great about your chances with a 3 play offense either.

I work in a TOTAL MSU atmosphere here. It would have been hell from them this morning if lswho would have won. The TIDE will ROLL.... I just HOPE it will be a lot bigger than we rolled over lswho. I want to see us score over 40 on state.
    I also would like to see our D put up another goose egg on state.

ROLL TIDE!!
    ....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation First Team

I don't know about the score but what I really want to know is...are we going to hear the screaming girl again??

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    I don't know about the score but what I really want to know is...are we going to hear the screaming girl again??
    I hope not...... that was the MOST annoying thing ever to be allowed on TV.....
    ....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    That was insane. Even though the game is in T-town we could probably still hear her all the way from Mississippi.
    ďAnd what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.Ē
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation First Team

I'd almost pay to find out who it was. Girl has a set of lungs in her.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Good analysis. Their DL is very good and very deep - much better than LSU's. It is the best Bama will play until possibly Michigan and/or Clemson. As you imply their secondary is not nearly equal to LSU's. They held LSU to 239 yds of total offense. Their 4 ints killed them.
    Thatís where the Tide makes hay - against that offense. Short fields, NOTís...only thing that worries me is a letdown from last week. This isnít a good time for that.
    I also think MSUís D will be facing the best offensive line theyíve seen all year - by far. Barring them being really flat, I think Bama covers and MSU wonít score more than two fgís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation First Team

42-10

BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar

Getting kinda tired of the media saying that we haven't faced a good D all year like LSU or upcoming MS St. Hello... our guys go up against one of the best D's in college football every time they go to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    If you go by Sagarin's numbers (which have only started bing truly relevant in the last few weeks as the data piled up), Bama should be win by 21.
    Sagarin was pretty close to the line.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

As always, I won't predict the score, but Bama is going to crush MSU. Crush them.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius