Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Bama 39
    MSU 9
    So, you have us missing 3 XPs too?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

The biggest concern I have with this game is that our offense is pretty banged up. I imagine that N. Harris will be limited to unavailable and he's kind of our secret weapon for this late part of the schedule as we could see last weekend. Ruggs and Smith are both still limited and they're significant in allowing Juedy to be a big play threat. Tua is likely to be "quasi pure pocket" quarterback until after the SECCG if I had to guess. Really hurts our ability to move the pocket around to diminish the pass rush. Makes the OL winning their pass protection matchups even more critical.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The biggest concern I have with this game is that our offense is pretty banged up. I imagine that N. Harris will be limited to unavailable and he's kind of our secret weapon for this late part of the schedule as we could see last weekend. Ruggs and Smith are both still limited and they're significant in allowing Juedy to be a big play threat. Tua is likely to be "quasi pure pocket" quarterback until after the SECCG if I had to guess. Really hurts our ability to move the pocket around to diminish the pass rush. Makes the OL winning their pass protection matchups even more critical.
    Other guys have to step up. Waddle and Irv Smith will be big parts of this game. Coach sounded optimistic on Ruggs being available so we'll see. Devonta should be improving more as time goes by. We need to get through this game and rest as many as possible against The Citadel.

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I agree with everything you said. I just highlighted the above because it made me recall just how deft Tua is in the pocket and creating space for himself. Sure, variety would be nice - but I think we can win from the pocket. And if he can even just be a serviceable scrambler on his knee like he was against LSU that seems to be more than enough. Teams have become so tense about not letting him shred them through the air that the few times he really needs to take off he often has the space.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Remember, this is the same offense as last year and they scored 24 against a better Alabama defense. When Fitz gets hot, he is very good. He has been hot the last 2 games.
    IMO, many Bama fans are selling MSU's D short - great DL, much better and much deeper than LSU's, the LBs are good and they supposedly have 2 NFL safeties with decent- good corners. Shoop is good but not like Aranda. OTOH, remember that in last year's MSU game Bama inside LBs were a mess with no one to call signals. IMO, the D is in better shape than last year's for the MSU game. IMO, they would now beat UK and UF and be 8-1. It will be impressive if Bama has no trouble with MSU.

One comforting note is that MSU has not performed well on the road in SEC play: UK, LSU.
    Last edited by BamaInBham; November 7th, 2018 at 12:01 AM.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

I'm just not worried about this game.

The Defense looks to be starting to really gel at just the right time. I know L8U is no offensive juggernaut but we looked so much better wrt to tackling, communication, and focus as compared to just a few games ago.

The D-Line is almost unstoppable and Q and Buggs are both having monster seasons. Only officials refusing to flag opponents for holding them nonstop is remotely keeping them in check.....and even then we are still creating pocket pressure.

Mack and Moses look to be playing much better as well. We aren't seeing near as many bad angles or guys being confused.

The secondary has surprisingly been a strong suit for much of the season. Sure we've given up some yardage there but it's because teams are playing from behind and having to throw non stop.

Right now we are ranked 30th in Pass Defense..... but we are 8th in opposing QB Comp% (51%) and Tied for 7th in INTS (13). So teams haven't really been efficient against us.... it just pure volume of reps yardage and drives ending in turnovers or late garbage points.

The Offense is having to navigate some injury issues for sure but enough guys are steeping up that we've haven't really been hurt yet.

Waddle and Irv have both stepped up bigtime with Smitty and Ruggs III missing time here and there and Jeudy has just been an unstoppable freak of nature.

With the RB's Josh and Damien have been absolutely superb. I hate that Najee is dinged up now but BRob more than looks like he is up to the task of taking on a bigger role.

I am a little concerned with the QB situation right now because we are 1 freak play away from Mac Jones being the starter and we have done a horrendously poor job of getting him prepared to play SEC level ball.

The plus side though is that our O-Line's pass protection has been fantastic all year. We look even better with Deonte Brown in the lineup and the running attack has improved steadily the last 3 games including 281 yards last Saturday.

Our only major concern is placekicking. The missed XP's is just completely inexcusable at this level and I'm sure if a pressure FG is needed somewhere along the way we will all be sweating it.

But this week MSU isn't going to play us close enough for kicking to matter.

This Bama squad is hitting on all cylinders right now and I expect an absolute bloodbath this weekend against a One-dimensional 106th ranked passing offense.

I do not believe this team has playing down in their arsenal. I don't think they take anyone for granted, even if they are beat up and tired. They are like a machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    Intensity is not an issue, these guys have not played down to a team since Nicks first year, or once playoff was gone like the 2 bowl game beatings we took.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation First Team

I would love to get a head of them quickly, Get Tua out to rest. Keep Jalen on the bench to let ankle heal even more. Which gets Mac Jones in and allows him to take a decent amount of snaps/game experience. I think getting Mac a bunch of playing time for MISS ST and Citadel would be beneficial for us in case of an injury down the road. ROLL TIDE
    RTR! GO CCU!

BamaNation All-SEC

Alabama was incredibly fortunate to get out of Starkville with a win last year. They pushed us around at the line of scrimmage. I sincerely hope the Alabama team dosen't have the big head and an emotional letdown after beating LSU. I still have nightmares about Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M in 2012. This is a somewhat similar situation. Hopefully the same fate dosen't await.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    So, you have us missing 3 XPs too?
    At this point just go for 2 if we convert half it averages to exp made. Just forget kicking altogether other than kick offs, still doing ok. Np punt, let tua throw deep get lucky we catch it, if not let them intercept then tackle the guy, TUA can throw deeper than punter can punt. Just do away with punter and ext pt attempts.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    At this point just go for 2 if we convert half it averages to exp made. Just forget kicking altogether other than kick offs, still doing ok. Np punt, let tua throw deep get lucky we catch it, if not let them intercept then tackle the guy, TUA can throw deeper than punter can punt. Just do away with punter and ext pt attempts.
    With this strategy, we could free up 2 or 3 scholarships.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    Alabama was incredibly fortunate to get out of Starkville with a win last year. They pushed us around at the line of scrimmage. I sincerely hope the Alabama team dosen't have the big head and an emotional letdown after beating LSU. I still have nightmares about Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M in 2012. This is a somewhat similar situation. Hopefully the same fate dosen't await.
    They stacked the box last year because we had a different QB back there. They won't be able to do that against Tua.

This isn't even remotely a similar situation to 2012. Manziel was one of the best College Dual-Threat QB's ever. He was a legit threat to Pass and Run.

Nick Fitzgerald is hot garbage. He's 1-dimensional....He can't pass..... His comp% this year is 50.8%.

We are going to eviscerate MSU.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    They stacked the box last year because we had a different QB back there. They won't be able to do that against Tua.

This isn't even remotely a similar situation to 2012. Manziel was one of the best College Dual-Threat QB's ever. He was a legit threat to Pass and Run.

Nick Fitzgerald is hot garbage. He's 1-dimensional....He can't pass..... His comp% this year is 50.8%.

We are going to eviscerate MSU.
    I hope you're right. Fitz has actually looked good the last two weeks. Granted A&M and LA Tech have bad secondaries but still. State is also much healthier and fresh than Alabama. I just hope to get through this game and rest some guys against The Citadel.