Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

[QUOTE=BamaMan09;3313935]Alabama was incredibly fortunate to get out of Starkville with a win last year. They pushed us around at the line of scrimmage. I sincerely hope the Alabama team dosen't have the big head and an emotional letdown after beating LSU. I still have nightmares about Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M in 2012. This is a somewhat similar situation. Hopefully the same fate dosen't await.[/QUOTE]

This is where I have to respectfully disagree. While I do understand your perspective, I wanted to point out few things:

1. Last year Jalen was our QB. At that time, Teams knew what Jalen's strength and weakness was... and they were loading the box. It was rough game for our offense, because of limitation of QB play and Daboll play calling.

2. Last year, we had several players who was out with injuries.... This year, we just are nicked up. Good thing is we have the depth. Tua will be fine.

3. There will be no emotional letdown. I haven't seen this from our team to suggest that we will have same issue this year. The team is more focused than ever especially this late in season. They want the season records, playoff, and championship. They know better to look ahead.

4. We made adjustment with our OL two weeks ago, and it benefited us so much. If we have cotton in with the starting, then I can see us getting pushed around somewhat.
    5. WE can't compare our team to last year. It's completely different team, different QBs, different OC/DC. We will be fine.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I'm just not worried about this game.

The Defense looks to be starting to really gel at just the right time. I know L8U is no offensive juggernaut but we looked so much better wrt to tackling, communication, and focus as compared to just a few games ago.

The D-Line is almost unstoppable and Q and Buggs are both having monster seasons. Only officials refusing to flag opponents for holding them nonstop is remotely keeping them in check.....and even then we are still creating pocket pressure.

Mack and Moses look to be playing much better as well. We aren't seeing near as many bad angles or guys being confused.

The secondary has surprisingly been a strong suit for much of the season. Sure we've given up some yardage there but it's because teams are playing from behind and having to throw non stop.

Right now we are ranked 30th in Pass Defense..... but we are 8th in opposing QB Comp% (51%) and Tied for 7th in INTS (13). So teams haven't really been efficient against us.... it just pure volume of reps yardage and drives ending in turnovers or late garbage points.

The Offense is having to navigate some injury issues for sure but enough guys are steeping up that we've haven't really been hurt yet.

Waddle and Irv have both stepped up bigtime with Smitty and Ruggs III missing time here and there and Jeudy has just been an unstoppable freak of nature.

With the RB's Josh and Damien have been absolutely superb. I hate that Najee is dinged up now but BRob more than looks like he is up to the task of taking on a bigger role.

I am a little concerned with the QB situation right now because we are 1 freak play away from Mac Jones being the starter and we have done a horrendously poor job of getting him prepared to play SEC level ball.

The plus side though is that our O-Line's pass protection has been fantastic all year. We look even better with Deonte Brown in the lineup and the running attack has improved steadily the last 3 games including 281 yards last Saturday.

Our only major concern is placekicking. The missed XP's is just completely inexcusable at this level and I'm sure if a pressure FG is needed somewhere along the way we will all be sweating it.

But this week MSU isn't going to play us close enough for kicking to matter.

This Bama squad is hitting on all cylinders right now and I expect an absolute bloodbath this weekend against a One-dimensional 106th ranked passing offense.
    I didn't see this post, but I 100 percent agree with this. The placekicking issue can be resolved. Just put Baker kid in there instead of Mac Jones.. and Let MAC get some reps with the 1's in the game actually throwing the ball. Good thing about our RBs is that we are deep there. Robinson is no slouch. I would love to see Harris, Jacob with a mix of Robinson in the game because that's just a physical running game MSU can't match. I believe we will hit over 200 yards of rushing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    I hope you're right. Fitz has actually looked good the last two weeks. Granted A&M and LA Tech have bad secondaries but still. State is also much healthier and fresh than Alabama. I just hope to get through this game and rest some guys against The Citadel.
    SF Austin (FCS) - unranked
    @ Kansas State - 90th passing defense
    Louisiana - 93rd passing defense
    @ Kentucky - 17th passing defense
    Florida - 19th passing defense
    Auburn - 57th passing defense
    @ LSU - 44th passing defense
    A&M - 83rd passing defense
    Lousiana Tech - 37th passing defense

The only passing defense that's marginally decent that Fitzgerald has looked good against was last week vs Louisiana Tech. I don't think anyone is going to compare Bama's secondary to LT. Against defenses ranked in the top half of FBS Fitzgerald has averaged an adjusted QBR of 38.9, averaged going 11 for 25 (44% completion rate) for 93 yards and 0 TDs - and MSU lost three of those four games.

Bama is going to crush MSU.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    SF Austin (FCS) - unranked
    @ Kansas State - 90th passing defense
    Louisiana - 93rd passing defense
    @ Kentucky - 17th passing defense
    Florida - 19th passing defense
    Auburn - 57th passing defense
    @ LSU - 44th passing defense
    A&M - 83rd passing defense
    Lousiana Tech - 37th passing defense

The only passing defense that's marginally decent that Fitzgerald has looked good against was last week vs Louisiana Tech. I don't think anyone is going to compare Bama's secondary to LT. Against defenses ranked in the top half of FBS Fitzgerald has averaged an adjusted QBR of 38.9, averaged going 11 for 25 (44% completion rate) for 93 yards and 0 TDs - and MSU lost three of those four games.

Bama is going to crush MSU.

I hope it turns out this way. My hope is that after last year our players know that State is a tough ball club. Saban shouldn't have to pump the guys up this week.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Big A Re: Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

[QUOTE=JustNeedMe81;3314030]
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    Alabama was incredibly fortunate to get out of Starkville with a win last year. They pushed us around at the line of scrimmage. I sincerely hope the Alabama team dosen't have the big head and an emotional letdown after beating LSU. I still have nightmares about Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M in 2012. This is a somewhat similar situation. Hopefully the same fate dosen't await.[/QUOTE]

This is where I have to respectfully disagree. While I do understand your perspective, I wanted to point out few things:

1. Last year Jalen was our QB. At that time, Teams knew what Jalen's strength and weakness was... and they were loading the box. It was rough game for our offense, because of limitation of QB play and Daboll play calling.

2. Last year, we had several players who was out with injuries.... This year, we just are nicked up. Good thing is we have the depth. Tua will be fine.

3. There will be no emotional letdown. I haven't seen this from our team to suggest that we will have same issue this year. The team is more focused than ever especially this late in season. They want the season records, playoff, and championship. They know better than to look ahead.

4. We made adjustment with our OL two weeks ago, and it benefited us so much. If we have Cotton in with the starting, then I can see us getting pushed around somewhat.
    5. WE can't compare our team to last year. It's completely different team, different QBs, different OC/DC. We will be fine.
    I agree with everything you said, BUT ....

And I HOPE we will be FINE. Here's HOPING that our OL will give Tua time to do what he does so well/good. I am concerned about that Mittittippi Tate front seven and especially that DL. We MUST PROTECT our valuable QB and keep him SAFE from a harmful INTENT on the part of MSU's RUSH.

Now, I don't think it will be like 1980 when Bama lost 6 to 3, BUT Fitzgerald running wild also concerns me. Bama does have a tendency to let QB's slip out of the backfield for big gains. We have to have someone preventing him from escaping out of the backfield for BIG gains. Here's hoping that #92, #99, et al help to keep him on his back side.

Sometimes STUFF happens! Hopefully, STUFF will NOT happen this year.

Well, at least Bama players will NOT have to worry about the NOISE made by thousands of COWBELLS!

RTR!!!!!!!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

[QUOTE=Al A Bama;3314113]
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post

I agree with everything you said, BUT ....

And I HOPE we will be FINE. Here's HOPING that our OL will give Tua time to do what he does so well/good. I am concerned about that Mittittippi Tate front seven and especially that DL. We MUST PROTECT our valuable QB and keep him SAFE from a harmful INTENT on the part of MSU's RUSH.

Now, I don't think it will be like 1980 when Bama lost 6 to 3, BUT Fitzgerald running wild also concerns me. Bama does have a tendency to let QB's slip out of the backfield for big gains. We have to have someone preventing him from escaping out of the backfield for BIG gains. Here's hoping that #92, #99, et al help to keep him on his back side.

Sometimes STUFF happens! Hopefully, STUFF will NOT happen this year.

Well, at least Bama players will NOT have to worry about the NOISE made by thousands of COWBELLS!

RTR!!!!!!!
    This was early in the season. we've got better at containing our pressure to QB. I mean look at the last four teams we've played. We know MSU QB can run... and we will have someone on the field spying him. He is not going to get his usual 100 yard rushing.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    So, you have us missing 3 XPs too?
    My 12 yr old daughter does not like ďscores not divisible by 7 or 5.Ē But, she totally understood my reasoning in this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

My suspicion is a closer game than we think.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Don't rate the QB except as a runner and Q can take care of him. D isn't horrible, but no match for "Tua Hood and his merry men." Anticipating a win by at least 30+
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation First Team 12Namath12's Avatar

Not worried.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Letís not do this again.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Letís not do this again.
    Itís what happens when the eeyores are quiet all year and the sunshine pumpers are drunk with ďAlabama is invincibleĒ juice.

Most of the moderate fans said we will win by 2 or 3 scores but it was going to be a chore because MSUís defense is a very good one and Alabama is due for an emotional letdown. I think we just passed our two toughest games on our schedule personally. I believe we be back to our old ways these next 3 weeks, but this maybe the wake up call that some fans needed to see that it doesnít take a Clemson team to give us problems on bad days.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Itís what happens when the eeyores are quiet all year and the sunshine pumpers are drunk with ďAlabama is invincibleĒ juice.

Most of the moderate fans said we will win by 2 or 3 scores but it was going to be a chore because MSUís defense is a very good one and Alabama is due for an emotional letdown. I think we just passed our two toughest games on our schedule personally. I believe we be back to our old ways these next 3 weeks.
    Yeah, itís just we have to get healthy. When healthy I believe there is no team that can beat us. Injury bug seemingly hits us at bad times.