Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

I am looking forward to another win. I know we can stop their Offense, but have not watched them much. How good is their defense this year? I mainly wonder if we will see Tua past the first half?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

Their defense is salty. But their offense can’t hang. The score will depend on how beat up we are coming out of this LSU game, and what our intensity level is because of it.
    Last edited by TideEngineer08; November 4th, 2018 at 08:57 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

If we stop their 3 plays, and score at will then it will be a walk in the park. I think as an overall defense they are probably the best we will, and have faced all year.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Their defense is salty. But their offense can’t hang. The score will depend on how beat up we are coming out of this LSU game, and what our intensity level is because of it.
    Intensity is not an issue, these guys have not played down to a team since Nicks first year, or once playoff was gone like the 2 bowl game beatings we took.

Their defensive front is very good. The secondary is very suspect. Very much like Auburn.

They have to be able to run the ball with success to have any semblance of an offense, especially with Fitzgerald. Like last night, you shut down their run, move their QB off the spot with pressure, they are toast.

I expect a 25 point (or more) victory. Only thing keeping it less than that is “letting down” after the LSU victory.
    Last edited by CB4; November 4th, 2018 at 09:04 AM.

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    Intensity is not an issue, these guys have not played down to a team since Nicks first year, or once playoff was gone like the 2 bowl game beatings we took.
    Uh no, we have played down a few times. And I'm not a pessimist. But we have looked flat more than a few times against MSU after the LSU game.

IF we are decently healthy and IF we are focused I'll say it's a 42-10 type game. If injuries affect us and our guys are mentally exhausted from this game then 30-17ish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Even though we are far superior talent wise this game is a concern. We are coming off a physical game with LSU and have some injuries. I feel our defense is finally hitting its stride. The main person we have to stop is Nick Fitzgerald...we do that then we should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    I’m referring to the physical toll last night’s game took. No I’m not worried about playing down. I’m worried about having to play a pretty physical MSU right after LSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    If we stop their 3 plays, and score at will then it will be a walk in the park. I think as an overall defense they are probably the best we will, and have faced all year.
    I still think that distinction belongs to LSU. MSUs front is very good though, but our OL negates that.

Sent from my iPad

We will beat Miss State by at least 17 points. Bama is banged up, especially on offense. Miss State has a good defense, especially front 7. Tua must be protected. We can't have any more injuries before the UGA game.

Nick Fitzgerald is inconsistent. Bama has to stop the run game, especially Fitzgerald. Their offense is better than LSU's when Fitz is accurate. Glad it's home game !

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

If past is prologue, we will win but by fewer points than we should. There's likely to be an emotional letdown after that intensity last night.

MSU has a very good defensive line, secondary is mediocre.

Our best asset is the fact that their offense really isn't very good at all.

Look at these point totals for MSU's offense:
    UK - 7
    UF - 6
    LSU - 3

Their offensive stats are inflated by games like last night (45) and 63 points versus SFA.

We'll win, but I'm glad it's home, and it's gonna be closer than folks think (most likely).
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Second Team
    Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

I am afraid this game is gonna be closer than most of us will care to see........but the tide rolls!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I still think that distinction belongs to LSU. MSUs front is very good though, but our OL negates that.

Sent from my iPad
    LSU had probably the weakest Dline that we have faced in SEC play this year. I think MSU has Mizzou's dline with a better secondary. I think we score more on them than we did on LSU because its at home and Fitz cant throw.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal