Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I am looking forward to another win. I know we can stop their Offense, but have not watched them much. How good is their defense this year? I mainly wonder if we will see Tua past the first half?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Their defense is salty. But their offense can’t hang. The score will depend on how beat up we are coming out of this LSU game, and what our intensity level is because of it.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If we stop their 3 plays, and score at will then it will be a walk in the park. I think as an overall defense they are probably the best we will, and have faced all year.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Their defense is salty. But their offense can’t hang. The score will depend on how beat up we are coming out of this LSU game, and what our intensity level is because of it.
Intensity is not an issue, these guys have not played down to a team since Nicks first year, or once playoff was gone like the 2 bowl game beatings we took.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Their defensive front is very good. The secondary is very suspect. Very much like Auburn.

They have to be able to run the ball with success to have any semblance of an offense, especially with Fitzgerald. Like last night, you shut down their run, move their QB off the spot with pressure, they are toast.

I expect a 25 point (or more) victory. Only thing keeping it less than that is “letting down” after the LSU victory.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Intensity is not an issue, these guys have not played down to a team since Nicks first year, or once playoff was gone like the 2 bowl game beatings we took.
Uh no, we have played down a few times. And I'm not a pessimist. But we have looked flat more than a few times against MSU after the LSU game.

IF we are decently healthy and IF we are focused I'll say it's a 42-10 type game. If injuries affect us and our guys are mentally exhausted from this game then 30-17ish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Even though we are far superior talent wise this game is a concern. We are coming off a physical game with LSU and have some injuries. I feel our defense is finally hitting its stride. The main person we have to stop is Nick Fitzgerald...we do that then we should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I’m referring to the physical toll last night’s game took. No I’m not worried about playing down. I’m worried about having to play a pretty physical MSU right after LSU.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
We will beat Miss State by at least 17 points. Bama is banged up, especially on offense. Miss State has a good defense, especially front 7. Tua must be protected. We can't have any more injuries before the UGA game.

Nick Fitzgerald is inconsistent. Bama has to stop the run game, especially Fitzgerald. Their offense is better than LSU's when Fitz is accurate. Glad it's home game !

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If past is prologue, we will win but by fewer points than we should. There's likely to be an emotional letdown after that intensity last night.

MSU has a very good defensive line, secondary is mediocre.

Our best asset is the fact that their offense really isn't very good at all.

Look at these point totals for MSU's offense:
UK - 7
UF - 6
LSU - 3

Their offensive stats are inflated by games like last night (45) and 63 points versus SFA.

We'll win, but I'm glad it's home, and it's gonna be closer than folks think (most likely).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I still think that distinction belongs to LSU. MSUs front is very good though, but our OL negates that.

Sent from my iPad[emoji208]
LSU had probably the weakest Dline that we have faced in SEC play this year. I think MSU has Mizzou's dline with a better secondary. I think we score more on them than we did on LSU because its at home and Fitz cant throw.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
If past is prologue, we will win but by fewer points than we should. There's likely to be an emotional letdown after that intensity last night.

MSU has a very good defensive line, secondary is mediocre.

Our best asset is the fact that their offense really isn't very good at all.

Look at these point totals for MSU's offense:
UK - 7
UF - 6
LSU - 3

Their offensive stats are inflated by games like last night (45) and 63 points versus SFA.

We'll win, but I'm glad it's home, and it's gonna be closer than folks think (most likely).
I agree...............I think Bama wins, but much closer than any other game. Thankfully, even though Bama has some injuries, they aren't season ending, and I think Nick will preach this week about a letdown. Being at home is certainly a plus..............

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
We usually are beat up after the LSU game and don’t put up as many points. So...34-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you go by Sagarin's numbers (which have only started bing truly relevant in the last few weeks as the data piled up), Bama should be win by 21.

LSU had probably the weakest Dline that we have faced in SEC play this year. I think MSU has Mizzou's dline with a better secondary. I think we score more on them than we did on LSU because its at home and Fitz cant throw.
It’s possible that you are right. Unless they have a better secondary than LSU this game should be a route.

Sent from my iPad[emoji208]

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
All you have to do is look at the burning hulks littering the side of the road to the CFP to see this game is not a lock. Oklahoma stumbled with an inferior Texas and Iowa State somehow upset W Virginia. Purdue KO'd tOSU. Somehow Wash St let a four loss USC upset them. Georgia went into Death Valley and actually played dead. So ….. I am not calling a lock on MSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If we stop their 3 plays, and score at will then it will be a walk in the park. I think as an overall defense they are probably the best we will, and have faced all year.
I agree - I think that their defense is better than LSU's defense. They are winning without an offense. I mean, they have no offense. None. So their defense has been pushed like no other in the SEC.

Alabama wins easily because MSU may not score in the game, but I worry about injuries when facing 2 defenses like this in back-to-back games.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
This is not a Mullen-coached Mississippi State team and Dave Aranda isn't their defensive coordinator...

Their defensive line will be able to cause us some problems from time to time but, overall, our offensive line will hold their own and our receivers will be able to get open on a regular basis.

On the other side, the way our front seven is playing their offense will have all the traction of a tricycle with its front wheel suspended in a mud puddle.

This one's going to get ugly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.