Tua's Knee

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As a side note, remember the Mizzu game and LSU games were both very windy too. Really affects kicking and throwing.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
One example sticks out. Ruggs, I think, had a route down the left sideline and it looked like Tua overthrew him by a good 3-4 yards. When I looked closer, Ruggs was being held all the way down the sideline. The overthrow wasn't Tua's fault...
Yep, LSU has been doing that all year. Even back in the Auburn game, a receiver blew by Greedy Williams, who conveniently reached out and grabbed his jersey, slowing him down and causing an overthrow. Should have been at least defensive holding which would have been a first down. Instead, the Barn punts and LSU goes on to win the game. LSU DB's get away with way more than should be allowed.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
LSU's DBs are good, they'll be in the NFL soon. But I would estimate a good 90% of the "bad" throws were due to them being allowed to hold our WRs. Go watch John Doe's recap. As TIDE-HSV mentioned on the Ruggs play, that was apparently overthrown, he was being held the entire route and John Doe highlights this.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.