News Article: Air Force's falcon hurt in prank gone bad

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Service academies love this "steal the enemy's mascot" thing.
Then you add lots of testosterone, limited experience and an inability to foresee adverse consequences of one's actions and, "presto!" wounded falcon. I feel bad for the bird.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Yeah, you have to feel bad for the bird. Maybe this will put an end to this stealing mascots foolishness. Probably not but hopefully the guilty cadets will have to face judgement by the AFA.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
All the service academies already outlaw this nonsense, and it goes on. Young people are just too stupid to think through the consequences, or too arrogant to believe they will get caught. I predict someone will get dismissed form West Point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
All the service academies already outlaw this nonsense, and it goes on. Young people are just too stupid to think through the consequences, or too arrogant to believe they will get caught. I predict someone will get dismissed form West Point.
I hope not. That would be a HUGE overreaction.

92teamownsall

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2013
In this day and age of no accountability for your actions I hope you are right and some criminal charges to go with it along with financially paying for the birds medical

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
It's been handled in the past as a "[emoji6][emoji6] nudge nudge don't take their mascot."

That being said the ** falcon has long been the impossible dream. But, there's always been a difference between the logistics of goat (navy) and donkey (army) vs avian.

The cadets won't be facing suits, arrest, etc from anyone outside of uncle Sam. If you're a military Academy cadet your subject to the UCMJ (uniform coffee of military justice) aka the laws that military personnel must abide by.

There's plenty they can/will be charged with, but it will all be under military law and prosecution.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If not dismissed, will they become Generals in the future?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.