Gary Danielson and the "Arrogance" comment

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
He didn’t say arrogance. I think he said Bama had a swagger about them. Definitely wasn’t arrogance.
He definitely said arrogance. My brother-in-law and I both looked at each other and it was like "Did he just say that!?!"...

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Look I don’t know why we are laboring over this. What he was clearly saying was the team is extremely confident and has a swagger (call it what you will....confidence, arrogance likely not the exact or best term, etc.). Clearly there are a handful of teams in history that had so much talent and heart that they realized if they played their best game nobody could beat them. Damien said as much today in his interview. I am sure if he was asked to clarify he would say that is what he meant. However, we know what he meant because history proved the teams he mentioned didn’t have an overblown sense of how good they were. Had he said Miami of 1992 then maybe we could debate what he meant because we clobbered them and that Miami team thought they were studs. That was arrogance. What he was alluding to is something quite different. He just used the wrong word. That happens sometimes

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Danielson does make his share of mistakes. The pass to Waddle down the sidelines he said was not a back shoulder throw but ran out of steam. However, Tua and others said it was back shoulder. Give credit where credit is due...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Maybe because I was younger, it never felt that way about Jackson and Broyles.
Jackson was awesome. But I know Tenn fans that couldn't stand him from games he did during the early 90s. UT vs UVA in 1991 Bowl season. They say he has nsulted UT. I always thought Jackson was great , but he was once the voice of televised college football. ABC once owned the exclusive broadcast rights of NCAA football.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I was more bothered by Danielson's warning to Bama that the longer Burrow could keep their Offense on the field that the clock would be in favor and minimize the danger of Devin White's absence on the Defense until he could come out and rescue their day. As a fan..I hardly knew White played. He got his butt handed to him just like every other LSU player. Seemed like Nessler was equally disappointed. I know they wanted their game to rate better, but these kinds of comments involve players who are teenage kids still. Kinda low in my view.
Yep. For almost half the game he made it sound like we were getting our tails kicked.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.