What would USC be like had they gone with Orgeron instead of Sarkisian - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: What would USC be like had they gone with Orgeron instead of Sarkisian

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I disagree. LSU is talented but they are not more talented than UGA. They won that because of coaching.
    You’re right—but that was due to Dave Aranda, not Coach Yaw Yaw. Aranda is probably the best DC in the country.
    I think some of y’all are simply giving Orgeron more credit than he deserves and have short memories. He was fired at Ole Miss and fell into the job by default at LSU. What has he done that is so outstanding?
    Last edited by deliveryman35; November 4th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

I think He would've struggled with USC. It's hard to win out in west. He probably would've been 7-9 win team each year. It really depends on who he has on staff. If he takes the staff he has now with him to USC, I believe they would be legit team.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American russtang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    You’re right—but that was due to Dave Aranda, not Coach Yaw Yaw. Aranda is probably the best DC in the country.
    I think some of y’all are simply giving Orgeron more credit than he deserves and have short memories. He was fired at Ole Miss and fell into the job by default at LSU. What has he done that is so outstanding?
    Hire Dave Aranda?

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Lane Kiffin was fired and he got the interim tag. They hired Sark before the bowl game, and Oeaux got hacked off and refused to coach the bowl game and jetted to LSU thinking he did enough to earn consideration for the job.
    i believe you are correct Sir. The timeline I recall was when Pat Haden met Kiffin at an airport in Arizona, and he did not fly back with the team. Unless I am mistaken...Orgeron was appointed as Interim HC for the remainder of the season. Players responded. Orgeron was not retained. That is what I recall, but certainly not a buff on O, but I agree you are correct. Coach O was hired by Pete Carroll was he not?

BamaNation First Team

I have said this before, and obviously it is not a revelation to anyone. Orgeron is under immense pressure by the fanbase and donors to beat Saban and Bama. He MAY not be there to see it happen. He may be part of someone else's staff before it does. I just don't think those people will hang with him if he loses even 2 more games to Bama. JMO.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    I have said this before, and obviously it is not a revelation to anyone. Orgeron is under immense pressure by the fanbase and donors to beat Saban and Bama. He MAY not be there to see it happen. He may be part of someone else's staff before it does. I just don't think those people will hang with him if he loses even 2 more games to Bama. JMO.
    Until Tua graduates I think LSU fans should be ecstatic if their only loss is to Bama. Where O really messed up is losing to Florida too. They could have kept miles if they were happy with 10-2 or 9-3.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Until Tua graduates I think LSU fans should be ecstatic if their only loss is to Bama. Where O really messed up is losing to Florida too. They could have kept miles if they were happy with 10-2 or 9-3.
    They thought '18 in BR was their time. They want a reason. Then O goes in there and says 'Hey...we gotta get better players to beat those guys. Did everything we could with maxprotect and could not beat them. Need bigger and better players' Well....their fans didn't know that. But you are spot on.

BamaNation First Team

But I don't wish Orgeron bad things. Not compassionate enough to a win over us is ok by me. It is not. But EVERY HC in BR is under that same pressure. From way back.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    USCw could have low balled him on his salary and with the savings could have hired a full time translator. Problem solved.
    That there is funny. I don't understand a word he says, and I wonder what LSU's sideline communication must be like.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

But I don't wish Orgeron bad things. Not compassionate enough to a win over us is ok by me. It is not. But EVERY HC in BR is under that same pressure. From way back.
    It's become an obsession that is more important than the overall season itself. That (IMO) is part of the problem down in Red Stick.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Maybe, but keep in mind that Fromm is not the kind of QB who can beat LSU's secondary. IMO, GA lost because Fromm played like garbage. GA got blown out because they gave up on the run too early in the game. Had they stayed the course the game would have been much closer, but LSU still wins because GA couldn't stop their run game.

GA's defense is not nearly as good as they were last year.
    So interested to see how Alabama attacks Georgia's defense this year. Our offensive line is chock full of studs and we have a stable of backs. But we also have Tua, the receivers and Irv Smith. Quite the dilemma.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

i believe you are correct Sir. The timeline I recall was when Pat Haden met Kiffin at an airport in Arizona, and he did not fly back with the team. Unless I am mistaken...Orgeron was appointed as Interim HC for the remainder of the season. Players responded. Orgeron was not retained. That is what I recall, but certainly not a buff on O, but I agree you are correct. Coach O was hired by Pete Carroll was he not?
    Close.

They lost to Arizona St flew back, and Haden yanked Kiffin off the bus at LAX and took him to a private area and fired him there. Kiffin asked to coach out the rest of the season and Haden was about to allow it but wanted to get BOT permission to do it to which they said “ hell no!!” Reason usually cited was that they didn’t want any chance he turns around and beats teams that he shouldn’t and gets public support.

Oeaux basically got the interim tag because he had the most hc experience and they thought he would be a complete failure that didn’t make a dilemma going forward with hiring their next hc. But boy were they wrong.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    Coach O is a great fit for LSU. He is one of them. They love him, he understands the culture, and will most likely do well as long as they keep him there. Will he win a NC? Probably not. But I don't think he does quite as well anywhere else as he does there.
    I feel like Coach O deserves LSU and LSU deserves him. I hope he stays their head coach forever.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.