What would USC be like had they gone with Orgeron instead of Sarkisian

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
But I don't wish Orgeron bad things. Not compassionate enough to a win over us is ok by me. It is not. But EVERY HC in BR is under that same pressure. From way back.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
USCw could have low balled him on his salary and with the savings could have hired a full time translator. Problem solved. :cool:
That there is funny. I don't understand a word he says, and I wonder what LSU's sideline communication must be like.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Maybe, but keep in mind that Fromm is not the kind of QB who can beat LSU's secondary. IMO, GA lost because Fromm played like garbage. GA got blown out because they gave up on the run too early in the game. Had they stayed the course the game would have been much closer, but LSU still wins because GA couldn't stop their run game.

GA's defense is not nearly as good as they were last year.
So interested to see how Alabama attacks Georgia's defense this year. Our offensive line is chock full of studs and we have a stable of backs. But we also have Tua, the receivers and Irv Smith. Quite the dilemma.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i believe you are correct Sir. The timeline I recall was when Pat Haden met Kiffin at an airport in Arizona, and he did not fly back with the team. Unless I am mistaken...Orgeron was appointed as Interim HC for the remainder of the season. Players responded. Orgeron was not retained. That is what I recall, but certainly not a buff on O, but I agree you are correct. Coach O was hired by Pete Carroll was he not?
Close.

They lost to Arizona St flew back, and Haden yanked Kiffin off the bus at LAX and took him to a private area and fired him there. Kiffin asked to coach out the rest of the season and Haden was about to allow it but wanted to get BOT permission to do it to which they said “ hell no!!” Reason usually cited was that they didn’t want any chance he turns around and beats teams that he shouldn’t and gets public support.

Oeaux basically got the interim tag because he had the most hc experience and they thought he would be a complete failure that didn’t make a dilemma going forward with hiring their next hc. But boy were they wrong.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Coach O is a great fit for LSU. He is one of them. They love him, he understands the culture, and will most likely do well as long as they keep him there. Will he win a NC? Probably not. But I don't think he does quite as well anywhere else as he does there.
I feel like Coach O deserves LSU and LSU deserves him. I hope he stays their head coach forever.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I like Coach Orgeron, I think he is a standup guy. I also believe he is an excellent recruiter and solid DL coach, but he is not HC material. When was the last time LSU truly had any offense other than run left, run right, run up the middle and throw out routes. Look back at their OCs, none were really SEC quality and most of that falls on Les Miles.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.