True Freshman

krs4bama

Nov 27, 2017
Are there any new Freshmen that can help us the last 4 games of the season without losing a year of eligibility?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Some guys like Bolden, williams and latu have already played in 1-2 games, so I think if we need folks down the stretch, they might get another game or two.

I think the bigger question will not be if they can help the team as much as it will be do we think getting them some reps will help their development. I could see trying to get Barmore, Wynn, Park, etc some reps down the stretch, still keeping their redshirts but also setting them up better for next year when we will need them to be able to step up and at least be in the active rotation for depth.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Some guys like Bolden, williams and latu have already played in 1-2 games, so I think if we need folks down the stretch, they might get another game or two.

I think the bigger question will not be if they can help the team as much as it will be do we think getting them some reps will help their development. I could see trying to get Barmore, Wynn, Park, etc some reps down the stretch, still keeping their redshirts but also setting them up better for next year when we will need them to be able to step up and at least be in the active rotation for depth.
Absolutely. Buggs and Williams will be gone.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Absolutely. Buggs and Williams will be gone.
Davis is gone too..... even if his stats aren't amazing....he's 6'7 310 lbs....and he is an absolute monster..... I hate that we start over again next year.....

But, the good news is that Mack and Moses should be back, and 5 of our 6 secondary players will be back.....

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Davis is gone too..... even if his stats aren't amazing....he's 6'7 310 lbs....and he is an absolute monster..... I hate that we start over again next year.....

But, the good news is that Mack and Moses should be back, and 5 of our 6 secondary players will be back.....
Absolutely, I am hoping the current defensive line and linebacker recruits are paying attention. There should be some openings there for some early playing time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Some of these guys are going to stay because not all of them are going to get 1st round grades. IMO, neither Mack nor Moses will get one. Thought that Mack would going into the season, and he is coming on again now, but he had a very slow start this year. No way Moses gets a 1st round grade.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Some of these guys are going to stay because not all of them are going to get 1st round grades. IMO, neither Mack nor Moses will get one. Thought that Mack would going into the season, and he is coming on again now, but he had a very slow start this year. No way Moses gets a 1st round grade.
Saw a mock draft with Mack going in the first round the other day. He might end up being a fringe pick and that could end up first or second round depending on needs and how other teams pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Yeah - likely losing Jennings also, but might get him back. Deonte Thompson is very likely gone as well. LOTS of places for younger guys to come in and compete.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I am beginning to wonder if R. Davis will get a 1st round grade. I've heard more than one announcer state during our games that he's not having the same type year he did last season. I'm also wondering Payne had a lot to do with his success last season. I know Williams is having a great season but losing D Payne didn't help R Davis. If he decides to come back for his senior year I would be more than tickled pink.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
First 4 games of the season v.s. the last 4 games for Mack Wilson. He just need to continue to play better and continue to get better. Next three games could determine where he goes in 1st or 2nd round.

R. Davis.. I think he should come back. No way Q.Williams is having amazing season and Davis can't repeat that. It's weird...

Mose-he will be here because he will be signal caller if Mack leaves. Kaho will step in next to him. Gotta keep eyes on Savion Smith though.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Serious question...do games that take place, from this season, next year count towards this new rule?
Not so serious question...isn't the fact that au plays two less games a year a recruiting advantage since gus gets an early start on recruiting? ;)
Yes, all the games we play will count against the 4 games includes post season.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think it may be that R. Davis's numbers have dropped because Q Williams is just that good. I've noticed several times as Q Williams is taking down the QB, there is R. Davis right there and would have cleaned up if it weren't for Q. But I don't know... I don't watch film. Maybe there is something going on that I'm missing.

Still, I think QW, Buggs, and RD are gone and will all be off the draft board after the second round by the latest. QW is a top 5 pick right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.